She is still here

Old 12-28-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

She is still here

Well, Lauren is still home...for now. She left yesterday afternoon after I went to work and I called home just to check and my grandmother told me she said she was coming to my work, which is about 15 minutes from our house and I waited and waited and finally got a text from a friend of hers, they went to rehab together and it said they were on their way to my work, but before I got the text a hour or so went by and I kept thinking she has done it again but she showed up and was home when I got home from work last night. I really have to wonder if she is really through with it all or not. For some reason I just don't think so. That whole lifestyle really appeals to her and I wish I knew why!!! I told her that granted my life is far from exciting I don't have to worry about the police raiding my house!! The lady that she was staying with that does meth, Lauren says she likes her life!! I said what life??? She said well she does not work and has everything she wants, I calmly said she does not even have a car!!!I told her I colud not compete with that and was not even gonna try!! I tried to explain that in my world if you want something you get up and you go to work!!! I told her I may not have everything I want but have everything I need and you have to work to get these things and nobody owes you a damn thing!! So at this point I am really not sure what her plans are but I am kinda like the song Big Girls Don't Cry!! Its time to get a move on with my life!!! It is real hard to admit that she is no different than any other addict but she is mine and I love her!!! I wrote her a letter yesterday to try to explain how I feel but not sure what she thought, I told her that if something happened when she was using those people would not call 911 or take her to the hospital that they would throw her in a ditch or field and that I could not take wondering if she laid there waiting to die or if she was already dead, I really worry about that and just don't know how to get that out of my mind. The wondering if she is hungry or cold but I know she does not understand that part but I wish she would but I do understand that is part of addiction but I feel really guilty right now, I just thought earlier if she is going to leave I want her to go ahead and go , the waiting and wondering bothers me!!! I told her that it is getting harder in ways every time she leaves trying to pick myself back up and dust off and go again!! There are people in this world that I really don't like but you know I would not ever wish this life on anybody!!! I keep thinking that someday I am going to crumble like a jigsaw puzzle but just don't have the time!!!!!:wtf2
Old 12-28-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. You are in my thoughts and prayers,
susan
Old 12-28-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

BIG hugs to you. Is there something nice and gentle that you can do for yourself today to get your mind off of all this stuff?

I recommend lunch with a friend, singing at the top of your lungs with the car radio, a bubble bath and new bright toe nail polish. That's MY plan for the day, anyway, and I invite you to have a day like that too!

More hugs
Cats
Old 12-28-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

OMG I remember something my AN told me once , she was at this crack house and the woman lived with her elderly father who had passed away and she did nothing for two days ! She said the woman needed time to clean up before the ambulance came to pick up his body !!!!!!!!! My niece said she ran out of the place .

Do something for yourself today and try not to worry (((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) maybe one day she will see how hard work can actually be satisfying .
Old 12-28-2007, 10:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My daughter has told me that having no responsibility really appealed to her. She did not have to try to meet anyone's expectations and she could do what she wanted. Her abf does not require her to work. He does and supplies all of her drugs. But the thing that she is finding out is that her life is a lot more work than she thought it would be. The abf no longer can provide drugs and a home, health care, contacts, dental appts. etc. But he can still provide drugs and so she stays. So a lot of times it is the lifestyle as well as the drugs that appeal to the young addicts. Maybe time to take that step back. Right now you are probably filled with anxiety about going home to find her gone. That is a tough way to live so sending some hugs your way. Marle
Old 12-28-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know what ya mean, I went 6 days without eatting once because I didnt know if he was safe, or if he had anything to eat, it would litterally grab me by my throat and I would gag on it.......it was so hard to force him out of my life, even when it started taking very nasty turns it was so hard........one second at a time and LEAN!!!!!!!!! lean on someone if only a friend to remind you that you too have a worth!!!! Just as you KNOW she has worth so do you.......good luck and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers
Old 12-28-2007, 04:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((((((hugs))))))))) do something good for yourself. you deserve the peace.