Just wondering.......

Old 12-27-2007, 10:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just wondering.......

My husband doesn't drink/use all the time but alot of the time, and its a problem in our relationship. He can't seem to say no. Im just tired of always being by myself while he's out drinking, Im tired of seeing the beer store on our bank statement and the $140.00 withdrawals for weed. I'm sick of his excuses to drink and hearing him phone home drunk just to let me know he's OK and will be home soon. Yeah right, he was only going out for an hour in the first place. I always feel lonely and Im frustrated. Im just looking for a place to vent and chat with people. Thank you.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome to SR!

You're definitely in the right place. I'm really tired and about to go to sleep, but wanted to suggest you read the other posts here...you will find a lot of people in similar situations. Whether or not HE thinks it's a problem, YOU do and you have the right to be happy.

More will be along to welcome you and have great ES&H (experience, strength, and hope).

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-28-2007, 05:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello BMA and welcome to Sober Recovery!

You are definitely in the right place. Are you able to find any Al Anon meetings in your area? The great thing about Al Anon is that there really isn't anything that makes you 'qualify' to be there, except that there be a problem with drinking in a relative or friend.

You can also vent and chat here on SR 24 hours a day. We are a world wide fellowship here, so there's always someone online!

Others will be along soon to share their experience, strength and hope., We look forward to getting to know you better.

Hugs
Cats
Old 12-28-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome to S.R. i am sorry your husband was out & not with you. he does have a problem because it is a problem to you. you can not make him quit drinking or using. it is his choice & nothing will stop him. it is your choice to live with him or leave. things will not get any better until he decides for it to. you did not cause it, you can not control it & you can not cure it. there are alot of other wifes here that are in the same situation you are. read around & keep coming back. prayers, hope
Old 12-28-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you are here...As others said it IS a problem since it is causing problems. Alanon is a great way to find the face to face support from people who have known the pain you are feeling. I found meetings and coming here to read and post helped me regain control of the only thing I can control...me.