So much has happened

Old 12-27-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So much has happened

Well, early Monday morning around 1am, my phone rang it was a strange number but I was half asleep so I answered and it was Lauren, she wanted me to meet her in another town about 30 minutes away to put gas in her car so she could make it home. I told her I had to be at work at 8am and I was not getting up then she went into this story about cooking and something about baking soda and there were some people that were looking for her and they had guns!! I said well I am sorry but I am not getting up. I said all I can do is unlock the door if you have to come here well about a hour or so later she comes in. I told her if she was just here for Christmas that she was out of luck, that she had no gifts and she said somebody at shot at her car, which my stepfather looked and on her bumper there are 2 bullet holes so I don't know now!!! I called the drug task man and made her tell him where they were cooking all of this mess and the whole nine yards so I am again at the point of I just don't know!!!! She has not left the house and her car is parked in the garage, where it has been since she got home....as she was telling me the story Monday morning, I calmly looked at her and said well I guess you need to put your car in the garage so around 3am Monday morn we are moving cars!!!! This is all so insane and the bad thing is I wish I knew what to believe!!!!! I look at her and want to believe it all but that is a whole different world to me!! I thought yesterday this is the child that ruined 2 microwaves....she did not know you were not supposed to put metal in it and that has only been about 4 years ago and she is out in some nasty place messing with stuff that could blow up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will this ever end??? I finally get to a place where I am ok kinda..and then something happens like this!! I went to some friends yesterday afternoon when I got off work and had been there about 15 minutes and it hit me.. she will might leave soon, I had to go home, I knew I would feel guilty if she left and I had not spent just thatfew minutes with her. When she came in Monday morn, she gave me her car keys, I had never asked for them in the past and had not even thought about it but she just handed them to me, when I left for work Monday morning, I woke her up and asked if she wanted them and she said no and was off Christmas day so she did not ask and also yesterday when I wnet to work I asked again and she said no. I did ask her when would things calm back down and she said she can't go back and also she has not ask for money and has lost her cell phone but I guess I just want the truth which I doubt she even knows!!!!:wtf2
Old 12-27-2007, 09:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad she doesn't have or ask for the cell phone, I swear they are evil!

I hope she is finally scared enough and reached her bottom. Is she open to treatment, sponsors, etc? She needs a support system other than you, we are not strong enough.

Prayers for you and Lauren, glad she is safe at home!
love,
susan
Old 12-27-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

I am glad she is home ((hugs)).
Old 12-27-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

sounds like a good solid bottom to me!!
My son has been battling addiction for awhile and when is was ready to go into treatment he would be nervous about asking one of us for help, but he sent signals to us and one of them was not going out, not asking for anything and at one point he asked us to make sure he didn't leave the house (his friend tried to commit suicide and thought this would be a trigger to use)
So I guess my point to this is if she handed her keys to you and is not leaving the house, now might be the time you could just say "are you ready to go into treatment"
It certainly couldn't hurt.

good luck
Old 12-27-2007, 10:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have to ask you if you feel safe. Sounds like it could be a dangerous situation if what your daughter is telling you is true. But with addicts you just never know. Make sure that you do what is necessary to protect yourself. Meth people are not ones you want to take any chances with. Am glad though that your daughter is home and not wanting to leave. Maybe this was enough to scare her to want to change. Don't trust her words, look at her actions. Hugs, Marle
Old 12-27-2007, 11:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

obsessed,
I would say, to me, being scared of being shot would be enough to scare me straight.

Time will tell.
IN the meantime, you take care of you, and YOUR recovery, okay?

Hugs,
Old 12-27-2007, 01:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Being shot at is what got my daughter clean and back home. She was living in L.A. and she was attacked and shot at a couple of times. Fortunatley, they missed her and she was rescued by two young guys who took her to their aunts house for safety. The aunt called me and told me she had my daughter and that she was shooting heroin and that she couldn't let her stay in her house and use. She would not throw her back to the street because her life was in danger. I told her to call the police.....against my daughter's wishes. She did and she ended up in jail. At least she was safer than she was on the street. It was a very scarey for her and I was out of my mind because this was 3000 mile away from home. Someone had it in for her and I thought she would end up dead for sure.

The good Lord kept her safe and brought her home to me. All 95 pounds of her. When I picked her up at the airport I cried when I saw her. Her head was stapled together from brain surgery, she was frail and dirty. I was just happy she was alive and she was home.
Recovery began then. She did have some setbacks but she kept getting back to recovery. Today she weighs 118, she is beautiful, her hair is all grown back in, she looks healthy, she is clean and cares about herself, most of all she is sober.

I still worry about her all of the time, but I can trust her more now. I haven't completely let my guard down, it is still too new. She isn't perfect, but I know she is trying. She is in therapy and takes her bi polar meds.

I'm hoping that this is Lauren's bottom. Being shot at is a very scarey thing. I'm glad she is safe but I hope she has learned from it.

Keep yourself safe.....I don't know anything about meth. My RAD never used that drug.

Hugs for you and Lauren............Lo
Old 12-27-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((obsessed))))

Glad you checked in....we were wondering where you were?

I have to agree with the above...she is showing the actions of wanting to stop this chaos, which is much better than just talking about it. I'm hoping that this is her bottom and she will do what she needs to do to stay clean.

I also agree with making sure you are safe....keep her car in the garage. I pray nothing happens, but I would definitely keep my guard up.

I'm glad she's home, but don't forget to take care of you. You still can't fix her or the situation she's in, but you can take care of yourself and love her. When I really wanted recovery, I didn't want anyone to fix my problems (although winning the lottery would have been nice)..I just needed to know I was still loved.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-27-2007, 09:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks to you all!!! every word means so very much!!! Deanna
Old 12-28-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

obessed,
Glad your daughter made it home safely. Praying that this is her bottom, and wants recovery. I might ask her once if she wanted to go into treatment, and if she says no, just say I love you and am here for you when you are ready. This way she knows you love her and are willing to help her find the information needed for recovery. She might turn around and say yes and thank you for asking. I know that could not happen but it could if she is ready.
But most of all take care of YOU and keep yourself safe. The people who shot at her could be a danger to all who love her. Hopefully they don't know where you live.
Keeping you and your daughter in my prayers
Old 12-28-2007, 07:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You sound like you are so done with insanity in your life. Hopefully, so is your daughter. Keep us posted.