my ex is paying games i think

Old 12-27-2007, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my ex is paying games i think

My ex addict boyf is currently in rehab. he came home for xmas for 6 days over xmas. I havent spoke to him for over a month as i decided to detach for the remainder of his treatment. He sent me a message when he came home wishing me a happy xmas. the next day he texted again asking if i knew any good clubs to go to over xmas, this got me so angry as he had only been out of rehab 24hrs and he wanted to go clubbing!! but i think he did this to get a reaction out of me. i ignored him and went on a trip for 3 days over xmas. when i got back i switched my cell on and i had another message from him saying he hopes we can be friends and that he has 6weeks left of rehab when he goes back and after that he is staying in another town which is 150 miles from where we live. i'm not sure if he is telling me these things to get me upset or am i being over senstive!!:puppet any advice?
Old 12-27-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((chachauk))

He may just be telling you what's going on... I know when I first left my XABF, something like this would have upset me because I hadn't accepted our breakup. Today, though I still care about him, these phone calls would be like a friend calling me to tell me what's going on with their life.

I don't talk to my XABF very often (he's still using) but when I do hear from him, I try not to get emotionally wrapped up in the conversation and the last couple of times, it's worked. If hearing from him is bothering you, you can always tell him to stop contacting you. If you still want to hear from him, work on detaching..it's hard, takes time, but it works.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy