Need some advice, part 2

Old 12-26-2007, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Need some advice, part 2

Well, my denial is strong but meth is stronger. I wrote in a day or so ago about my husband who at the time I thought was undergoing some sort of drug interaction with his marijuana smoking. Wrong! Last night I caught him smoking the dreaded meth and he is gone from the house now. I don't know where he is - I called the police to potentially pick him up if he was driving erractically, etc. but it is now out of my hands. I went through alcohol recovery with him 19 years ago but I just don't think I have the strength at 53 to be with him if he decides to seek recovery for the meth and crack that I now know that he is using. I can't believe how much I didn't know about these "drugs of today" & how when they grab someone they grab them hard and don't let go. I am so sad as we had alot of dreams and plans and hopes for grandchildren. I know that no one put the pipe in his mouth for :puppethim but I have such a rage for all the low-lives that manufacture and sell this crap. I guess the anger is all part of the process. Everything has happened so fast and as I said in my last post, his mental deterioration and grandiose ideas and excessive, careless spending seemed indicative of perhaps some sort of mental illness. Well the writing is on the wall now and I am not sure where I will turn - only am taking a day at a time. I live in a fairly isolated region of Canada so there isn't alot of support or help out here so that further compounds my anxiety. This message board is so very helpful to me though and bless you all who are courageous enough to use it and talk about the pain and problems that you are going through. For me, it really helps to know that I am not alone with all of this.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Natural)))

Sorry you're going through this. I am a recovering crack addict and you're absolutely right....it and meth take total control over your life as long as you let it.

I'm glad he's out of the house, but I'm sure it's painful.

Get comfy and hang around with us....more will be along soon.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-26-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome to S.R. i am sorry yyou are going through this. this is nobody fault but your husbands. he made a bad choice & only he can get clean & make it right.you did not CAUSE IT, you can not CONTROL it & you can not CURE it. my son is a crack addict & it has been pure hell untill i started recovery for myself. my sons recovery is up to him. it is a hard long road with an addict. read "what addicts do" at the top of the forum. it does not get better only worse until they get sick & tired of being sick & tired & some never do. they either over dose or go to prison. take care of yourself, find a meeting to go to & keep coming back here. we r here for you & there is alot of info here. read all the threads of others.prayers for you, your husband & your family. big hugs,hope