Just A Few Questions

Old 12-26-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just A Few Questions

I HOPE EVERYONE HERE HAD A GREAT CHRISTMAS. I DID. MY LITTLE GIRL IS 19 MONTHS AND SHE JUST HAD A BALL.

ANYWAY DOWN TO MY QUESTIONS. I AM JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THEIR A AS I DO. MY AH IS A BED WETTER. HE DOES NOT DO IT EVERY NIGHT BUT FOR THE MOST PART ITS MOST OF THE TIME. OK I AM NOT VERY PROUD OF IT BUT NOTHING CAN BE DONE THAT I KNOW OF ABOUT IT. JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HEARD OF THIS. COULD THIS BE CAUSED FROM HIS YEARS OF DOING DRUGS. ONE MORE THING WHEN HE TAKES PAIN MEDS HE DID NOT WET THE BED. LAST NIGHT HE WAS SLEEPING SO HARD I COULD NOT WAKE HIM UP HARDLY. HE WAS JERKING IN HIS SLEEP MORE THAN HE WAS SNORING. ALSO HE DID NOT HAVE AN ACCIDENT LAST NIGHT. SO WHAT IS GOING ON THERE. I REALLY DONT KNOW. HE DONT NORMALLY JERK LIKE THAT. SO SHOULD I CONFRONT HIM ON IT? HE SAYS HE HAS BEEN STRAIGHT FOR OVER A MONTH NOW BUT I HAVE MY DOUBTS.

THANKS FOR LISTENING

:praying
Old 12-26-2007, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((hugs)))

No way to know from what you observed if he is using or not.

What you can do is begin to think about yourself as an entity separate from your husband.

If he wets the bed, and won't take responsibility for that, then you have the right to move into another room (or the couch) so that you can have a dry bed at night. Also, if he does wet, it is then his responsibility to clean the bed and change the sheets... a few nights of that, perhaps he will seek some help for his condition - it may not even be related to drug/alcohol use (though when I drank heavily, this happened to me).

My husband has restless leg syndrome - it causes his arms and legs to jerk very much. His is caused by low oxygen - and he gets some relief from a continuous positive air pressure (CPAP) machine. But he found it uncomfortable to wear, so he stopped - and the jerking returned. So I have moved into the extra bedroom. No animosity - just a logical step so that I can get a good night's sleep.

I tell you this because when we are in the depths of dealing with an addicted loved one, we tend to see everything as a symptom of their addiction. Some of it may be - but it could also be another condition not related at all.

If he is willing, he might want to contact his doctor about both conditions - the bedwetting and the restless leg syndrome.

If you have not tried them yet, you might consider Alanon or Naranon meetings - they helped me figure out MY part in the dance of addiction (and boy howdy, was I surprised to find out *I* had a part!). They gave me support and helped me to put things into perspective.... and to figure out how *I* wanted to live.

I wish you the best.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I Am Just Not Sure. I Know Whenever He Was On Pain Meds The Bed Wetting Did Not Happen And He Never Jerks In His Sleep Never. I Just Dont Want To Be Lied To And I Think He Is.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have heard of people wetting the bed but only when they have had a lot to drink. sorry nothing else to add to help.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lita, my husband is the opposite. I could tell he was high when he would wet the bed. He would be so ot of it that he couldnt wake up to go until it was too late. Sorry you are dealing with this.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can understand why you are wondering that ... because pain killers make you not be able to pee......

I'd look for other signs.......cause if he isn't using... then that is really awesome that he isn't wetting the bed ... and is clean! two stars!!!