need some encouraging words:(

Old 12-26-2007, 12:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Once again, my SR family has pulled me through chaos.

One SR friend has offered to help...whatever I need, another is waiting on a check and will put some money aside in case I need it. Now, I can move to Michigan or Texas

Took the car to the shop...may be the water pump, but he'll call and let me know. Stepmom is a basket case...almost got us killed pulling out in traffic. Brit is on the warpath because we won't drive her and Brooke to Brooke's house....said she was going to cuss me out and I said "what's new?". Told her if she was so grown, find her own way to Brooke's house...call a cab, I didn't care.

Dad is working. Stepmom said after our 2nd fight she heard him crying and he feels really bad about what happened....not only with me but the cat. I'm hoping Brit and Brooke will find there way out of here and dad and I can talk later. I don't want to be enemies with him, but I am going to take care of me! Also talked to my other-mother and she reminded me that if dad and Juanita (stepmom) are so unhappy, it is THERE doing and out of my control...that woman doesn't have a codie bone in her body

So, the plan is to work my butt off for the next 2 weeks while it is still busy and we have 2 servers out. Will check with a company that finds you an apt. for free, and can usually get you a good deal on deposits. I am keeping my recovery first and am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Today, I just want to sleep and I'm going to do that.

I love you all!!

Amy
Old 12-26-2007, 12:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Amy ...... I'm so glad you have SR too... to pull you through I'm grateful to this place in so many ways.

Thinking of you
Old 12-26-2007, 12:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Impurrfect, Im glad you reached out and I commend you for seeing that going to a hotel could also lead to a bad situation.

Just want to send hugs and your in my prayers
Old 12-26-2007, 01:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

[/quote]Now I know that I deserve to be safe, happy, and serene.[/quote]

You do deserve this, glad you know this now! You have come a long way. Glad to see you have a plan and are putting recovery first. Sending hugs and prayers things will get better for you soon.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Okay...it's the radiator on my car. He can't get a new one for 2 days and it will be about $535 with all the labor. I have the money and talked to dad and I can use his truck this weekend to get to work. Brit is gone to her friends, so all is quiet. This will only set me back a little, but not as bad as I thought it might. I can still pay off one of my credit cards - yipppeeeee. I've only used them for car repairs and dental work, but it all added up. At least I'm paying extra and building up my credit again.

Got another offer from an SR buddy to move to Cleveland...you guys are great!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-26-2007, 05:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That's great that the repairs aren't going to cost as much as you thought they would.

And my offer stands if you want to come up to our freezing cold!
Old 12-26-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

(((((((Impurrfect)))))))
Sorry I missed all of this, hon. I've been running in a lot of directions since Christmas Eve. I'd jump on here for a few and then run again.
Anyway, hope things have settled down by now. Things have really been going crazy at your house. Throw a 14 yr. old girl into the mix and look out for sure.
I think the expectations at Christmas gives all of us stress. It seems everyone strives to have the perfect holiday and the tension takes over.
Sounds like your dad really feels bad right now. I hope Brit feels bad for her bad behavior as well. I wish stepmom could see that if she doesn't take care of Brit's problems now it will only escalate.

I know you want to help, but you also know that it is all out of your control. I'm glad that you are taking care of yourself and not breaking during this stressful time.
Remember be good to yourself and cuddle up with Elvis. He needs you, I'm glad you realize that. Things will work out, be happy and keep moving forward. Maybe you can't move right now but you can work toward it.

The next time I need to run away, I'm running to Texas to see Susan.....you can come with me....( :

Hugs.............Lo
Old 12-26-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

well, during another argument he says he would never hit me....I just told him I saw pure rage and it scared me. Also says he was pushing the cat out the door with his foot, which is probably true, but since Kitty was walking out the door, he didn't need to be pushed.

Told him I was moving out ASAP, that some people who have never even met me have offered to help and I haven't yet asked those who do know me....shut him up. Also told him that the problems he, stepmom, and Brit have are things they brought on themselves, and not only CAN'T I fix the, I WON'T. We are staying away from each other right now, and that's fine with me.

Off to sleep...thanks again for teaching me that standing up for myself is a GOOD thing

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-26-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

move in? :p
Old 12-27-2007, 09:09 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

sending hugs to you ! hoping things are a little better today.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:31 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Just wanted to let you know things are calm for the time being. Dad is on his way to IL, delivering freight, and he called to tell me how much he appreciated the thermos I got him for Christmas (he loves his coffee). He had to take stepmom to Dr. today because her nerves are shot. She either doesn't remember, or won't tell me what he prescribed but she's ticked because she can't get it until the 30th. She has a tendency to take any drug until she passes out...have found her unconscious 3 times from lortabs/somas.

I have turned everything over, and will check with the people at work on apts. when I go back to work tomorrow night, so I have an idea of how much $$ I need, and if I need to, I will ask to borrow money. At least now, I know I am financially responsible and pay back personal loans ASAP.

I think Elvis is depressed...he won't eat his treats. He still eats my shrimp salad so I don't think he's sick. He wants to snuggle a lot, and I've wanted to sleep a lot, so that's what we've done and it's okay.

Thanks again to all of you....it brought me more peace than anything has in my life, to know you were here with me.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-28-2007, 05:57 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Has Elvis always eaten treats before? Some of my cats want nothing to do with cat treats. Maybe get him some canned kitty food. That always seems to get the kitties meowing. And snuggling the cats or dogs can be the best for sleeping. And its great how they just seem to read your emotions sometimes and know when you need some extra love.

Hopefully there are some affordable places near you so you can get out of that situation.

<3
Old 12-28-2007, 10:31 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

****{Amy}}}...I am glad I finally figured out how to click on your name to find this thread you started here cause I was searching all over the "Sub. Abuse" forum...duh!!!

I wish I would have been able to offer some words of support when you first posted but am glad so many others were there for you and that things have settled down now!
I am glad you have your kitties because our pets can be such a comfort to us during emotional times! They ask nothing but to be loved and give us so much in exchange!! They are lucky to have you too!

I wish I could offer more on your Dad but you are correct that we all have to deal with our own stuff. However, I once reminded my own Dad of how when I was dealing with my abuse issues that everyone around me was enabling me to stay on the path I was headed and that I had to take matters in my own hands and get the help I needed.
Maybe you could remind him of that and how you changed your own life with the help of others and that asking for help does not mean you are weak, just sick...and that there is always HOPE!

But...as I write that, I also agree that you have to do what is best for you and you know that. So keep setting aside the money and doing whatever you can to get to where YOU need to be!
Sometimes we have to be selfish and we have to learn to detach ourselves from other peoples problems...or they become our own.
You can go back and try to offer help once you get to where you want to be, but please focus on **{Amy}} for now!

Wishing you the strength to stay focused and sending you huge ****{HUGS}}}}
Jane