It just keeps going...

Old 12-24-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sweet Christmas secrets

It just keeps going...

Generation after generation.
I recently heard from a nephew from my first marriage. his mother was my sister in law. My former sister in law was a friend long before I meet and married and divorced her oldest brother. She has 5 children and I have always tried to say hello every time I have been in my former home town. At this point I keep in touch with them all thru my space.
As I said I recently heard from my nephew. J is a single father who has the most adorable son. He posted a request for some support after hearing from his sons mother who told him she was leaving the state and did not want anything to do with him or their son K.
J alluded to the fact that K's mother was a drug addict.
I wrote him back this very long letter telling him all about my situation with my step daughter and her addictions and her children.
( for those that do not know she has given birth 3 times I adopted the oldest child now my youngest son and the 2 girls live with their respective fathers and she has little to nothing to do with either of them.)
I also gave him this web site as a source of support and told him how this site had been a life saver for me in my own dispare.

My heart breaks for J as he faces the future as a single father of a child who's mother is a drug addict and chose her addictions over him. J was feeling like her anger at him was preventing her love for her child.
I hope that J finds his way to this site and get the support he will need.

IN the mean time I am grateful for the support I have received here. I know this site has helped me in countless ways and continues to do so both in this forum and in the mental health forums.
My Christmas wish for all is for those who are seeking comfort that they may find it here in the pages of these forums whether they are family and friends of those who suffer from addictions or they are the addicts them selves. If they are seeking peace I pray they find it .
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND MAY THE NEW YEAR BRING PEACE AND COMFORT FOR ALL.