What a mistake thinking I could do it alone.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a mistake thinking I could do it alone.

First, Season Greetings to everyone and I have missed a lot. It will take me some time to catch up.

Second, I really thought I could handle everything on my own but the holidays have done me in. Maybe it's being cooped up with it all that's doing it. I lucked out and had little contact at all with my AD all year. Now her world is breaking apart so we all have to tumble down with her.

Her ex husband and his family evicted her from the house her and the kids were living in. Don't blame them. She's working a good job but thought her money was better spent than on rent and they had enough. She moved in with her Love of her Life and once they were on everyday living experiences the lust fell apart. He threw her and the kids out and so she thought mom would take her in. Wrong. I asked my husband and it was with the threat of a divorce from him that she would ever be allowed to stay here.

How can they still deny so much. She did end up spending the day here and I thought I had her in my sight the whole time but sure enough, what little quarters we had in a jar in the bedroom are gone. Plus she's treating my hubby like crap since he said no to her moving in. I finally told her to knock of the sucky attitude and of course I'm being accused of not giving her a break, that sometimes her life sucks and quite a bit of filthy things came out.
I'm just falling apart again.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry you and your husband are going through this right now! I have no works of wisdom, just that I am thinking of you and hope you get thru the holidays and enjoy them!! It is so hard having an addict in our lives!!! Hugs to you and yours!
Old 12-21-2007, 12:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

baxter,
Glad to see you!

Sorry to hear about the troubles your daughter is going through, but hopefully she will want to live a better life than the way it seems to be going now.

She is still working, yes?

Maybe this latest drama will bring her to her knees.

I know it's hard, but turn her, and her problems over to her H.P. and she will be taken care of.

I just worry about the innocent children in all of this, are they okay?

Hugs to you,
Old 12-21-2007, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi there (((Baxter)))
I'm sorry things are erupting again. It seems the holiday season can bring out the worst disfunction.
I've had to go back to the "basics" many times.
Acceptance is the first always step for me as it allows me to make more sense of things that no one would be able to make sense of.
I hope your days begin to get brighter soon.
(((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 12-21-2007, 12:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Baxter)))

I think it's good that you are not taking her in and taking on her problems.

It helps me to say a prayer each day asking God to take care of my son. In the end, it's all I can do anyway and at least this reminds me that his HP is always with him.

Prayers for your daughter, that she tires of all this soon and finds a better path.

Hugs
Old 12-21-2007, 01:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Right now I'm getting "heaven forbid you help me" bit and the "I'm the mistake you gave birth to so don't even worry about me". She did say in her last message she wouldn't set foot down here over Christmas but I hope I can get the kids. I'm sure her ex will bring them down. She says my hubby can just "rot".
Old 12-21-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((baxter))
Our addicts say the most charming things, don't they??? I hope things get better for you. Christmas is a really tough time, I can see my kids having trouble right now, they're coming out with a lot of anger against their af. I'll pray you do get the kids for the holiday, and that you can have a wonderful day.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back Baxter. There was a time that I thought that I could handle things all by myself but I found that even if I don't post as often as I used to there is still something that I need to read everyday. It helps me to stay focused. My daughter is still active too, but it does not drive me crazy like it used to. She is staying away for the holidays. I invited but I also said a prayer that if she was going to come with attitude that she not come at all. She texted me earlier in the week and bowed out. So I think I got my answer. Am planning on a quiet, serene Christmas no matter what she is doing. I hope that you find a way to have a good Christmas too and that you get to see your grandchildren. Hugs, Marle
Old 12-21-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Baxter. I'm sorry your daughter is being so selfish. It sounds like she is texting you? You can choose not to read her messages if you want. I've found the "fun" is lost when negative behavior is not acknowledged. It's hard to continue an argument when there is only one person in the fight.

Hugs...I hope you do get to see your grandkids for Christmas.