update on my life..warning it is long

Old 12-21-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update on my life..warning it is long

nothing seems to be getting any better but my recovery. i have been a member here 4 yrs. the 26th of this month. i am so thankful i found all of you. i was a total mess 4 yrs. ago. today i keep my tool belt fastened on & use every tool i have daily. this is a one day at a time program & i say a pray for our addicts every morning & then turn mine over to God. my addict son j. is still waiting to stand trial in two different counties & as of last week he had another warrant taken out on him for b&e. i do not know all the details but i do know that it was not a b.& e. what i also know is that monday nite he was almost beat to death by 4 guys. he had 56 stitches just in his face,& was kicked so many times he had boot prints all over him.he had spent the day out of town with his nephew helping him move his g.f. he had just gotten back & walked across the street to see his own g.f. next door to where they live. he claims he knocked on the door & somebody said to come in.when he walked in the house he was jumped by one guy & the others joined in. my a.s. was able to get back to my grandson sons house when they finally got off of him & he called an ambulance. the guy that owned the house at that point took the warrant out.
little j. also went to court last week on wed. he was signed out of the locked faculity for setting off the fire alarm & ruining everyones things on that unit.$1000's of dollars worth of damage. he was keep there for 60days after that happened waiting for s.s.to find another place for him.they could't or wouldn't. the judge put him in detection untill friday waiting on placement.he is now in a group home,a regular house & monday he ran from there.he called me wanting his fathers phone number. i would not give it to him & told him to call the home or go back. he had promised he would not run. he hung up on me. later that nite the cops picked him up & took him back. i am suppose to go get him on sunday & he will stay with us until friday. my husband is very nervous about this. i am not. if he runs,he runs & i will call the authorities. i have told them i will not be responsiabe for that. i will also take him back if he does not follow my rules.
to top off my week my God daughter tried to commit suicide. she is a single mother of a 2yr. old. she is not an addict. she has a lot of pressures in her life that it seems she can not handle. she has always seemed so mature & responsiable. i am really scared for her.
through all of this my husband took me away on friday. we went to williamsburg to all the outlets christmas shopping & then to my non addicts sons on the way home. while we were gone my daughter moved back in with us for awhile. she is not an addict but has a lot of her on problems going on.
now that is what is going on..........
i am really trying to keep my christmas spirit. it comes & goes like my blood pressure,up & down. i pray for all of them & move on. please if you have the time say a prayer for my family. thank you all for reading this. i know it is extra long. thank you all for your support these past 4 yrs. i hope i have been able to help at least some of you in return. hugs,love & prayers to all of you.merry christmas & may our miracles come true.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

sheez, all that and you sound perfect. I want to be you when I grow up!!!lol
I was going to start a thread about my goings on (long story and WAS depressed about it) but after reading all you have on your plate, my life is good.

I hope you keep your spirit of the season and it goes as smooth as possible.

hugs and prayers
Old 12-21-2007, 08:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Hope, you're such a strong person, and you've come so far in your journey.
I'll say a prayer for peace for you and your family.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((hope213))))

Maybe the new year will bring you and your family some peace and comfort. I am praying for that for you.

Hugs.........Lo
Old 12-21-2007, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope
I don't even know what to say except...you need a hug! All of that is so overwhelming I can't even imagine. Do something nice for yourself today. Perhaps some nice Christmas music, candles, and a bubblebath? Anything to help you stay centered.

gentle hugs and warm wishes for a nice holiday
ke
Old 12-21-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((hope))))

I have to agree with rashue - you are handling all of this extremely well!

You have always been there for me with encouragement and ES&H. I am sending you and your family extra hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-21-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I also agree!! You sound so calm!!! Maybe one day I can figure out how to remain calm!!! Deanna
Old 12-21-2007, 11:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((hope213)))
My goodness what a bunch of drama! I am so glad to hear you have your toolbelt on and armed!

You make sure you take care of YOU!

Hope little J. enjoys the time he's spending with you, and you both can enjoy him. Hopefully he'll appreciate you taking time for him, and he'll be in a happy and peaceful mood.

Hugs to you....
Old 12-21-2007, 12:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((hope213)))

Your recovery is shining brightly and I am in awe of all you are handling so well.

Just take it all one day at a time, and try to enjoy your Christmas.

Big Hugs of admiration
Old 12-21-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

rahsue- i am not perfect by a long shot. i do the best i can with what i have.i work hard on my recovery. you did not say what is going on with you. i hope you feel better. i said a prayer for you.
wabbit, lo, ke, impurrfect,& obsessed- thank you for the prayers. keep them going,
diane- i hope little j. can appreciate just being here. one boundry is, he will not be going anywhere with anyone & there is not alot to do here. i do not think i will have any problems out of him but i also did not think he would run from the group home, not as fast anyway. who knows what he will do. i just want everythig to run peacefully.
ann- you are just wonderful. you set a great example for me & i want to be like you.
all of you- thanks for reading all the way. i need the prayers,they are powerful.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hope, Sending hugs and prayers your way, my friend. I pray that you have a really peaceful Christmas. Sounds like your husband knew exactly what you needed. I hope you find some time to just take care of you during this busy, stressful time. It does seem like the holidays makes everyone's problems escalate. Prayers to for all those that you love. Hugs, Marle
Old 12-21-2007, 06:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Hope.. just sending you love and letting you know I keep you and J and Little J in my prayers. You are always so kind here.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

marle & elana, thank you both for the prayers. i do appreciate them all.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

:praying for your family and you.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((hope))))))))

I always say a prayer for you, your son, and little j.
Your such a sweet lady, hope.
You deserve so much happiness and peace.
For the New Year, I wish you both.
love,
Old 12-23-2007, 06:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Hope

OMG, I had no idea what you have been dealing with.

That is absolutely horrible what those cowards did to your son. Were the police called about that? I hope he is ok. No one deserves that kind of treatment. What did the gf have to say about this?

In any event, my son was in a group home years ago and he also ran away. He was only like 12 years old at the time and he managed to find his way home, even though we were about 14 hours away. It was a terrible place and was later closed by the State.

You have a lot on your plate Hope, I am sending extra prayers for you and your entire family.

You are a very strong person and I admire your courage. Take care of yourself.

Hugs & Huge Prayers coming your way
Devastated