holidays

Old 12-20-2007, 03:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

holidays

I'm sure I'm not the only one around here who doesn't really like the holidays. We did get some presents wrapped & mailed today. Recovering hubby sent out a bunch of cards. I didn't get any out. I received a package from A mother. I haven't opened the package yet. There are probably presents in there wrapped. I can see that somebody else wrote the "to" and "from." She always has people around her "helping" her. I am in almost no-contact with Mom. I called her on her birthday & last Christmas. I haven't gotten a card or a gift out to her. It is getting a little late to mail it to her. I feel guilty if she doesn't have something under the tree from me (I'm an only child). She has turned way too many Christmases into nightmares. I don't think I've fully recovered from the one two years ago (that one involved calling the cops, her trying to attack us, etc.).

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I guess I'm just whining. I guess we have to somehow make our own traditions without his addicted daughter, without my addicted mom--and hopefully with him still off of drugs.