I did not go

Old 12-20-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I did not go

I took everyones advice and did not go to the meth house where my AD is. It was really scary after I started reading everyones posts. Lauren has not called or texted anymore, I am glad in a way but then again I just keep hoping she is ok. I am really trying to speed up her hitting rock bottom and you know it does get easier. Last night I had a date and the man looked at me and said you have a problem with relationships!! I said why do you say that and he said you are dedicated to your daughter so I just laughed and thought you are correct but I told him that nobody deserved to be thrown in this pack of wolves!!! But I am trying to go ahead with my life but where she is and what she is doing, is she safe and is she alive is always on my mind no matter where I am or what I am doing.But have a date tomorrow night to go to a Christmas party with someone who deals with Lauren and her problems really well, never tells me what I should do, just listens while I rant and is there when I am bawling!!! But who knows in the lives we lead something might blow up and I might not be able to go but I truly hope not!!! LOL last night my cell phone kept ringing and he looked at me and said turn that phone off.... I calmly said no Lauren might be in trouble or hurt so sorry but I can't do that!!! Just wanted you all to know that I did listen to each and everyone of you and I know I did the right thing!!!! Also, I called her best friend this morning to see if Lauren had called him, he said she texted him and asked if he had turned his back on her, he texted her back and told her when she gets her life straight again that he would be here to help her but right now he is not giving her any money so I was proud of him!!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're a good momma. Stay strong.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I am glad you decided to stay put. I know you are very worried about her who wouldn't be.

Prayers going out for your daughter.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job, praying that Lauren reaches her bottom soon. Glad the friend stood his ground. Hopefully she can realize noone has "turned their back" on her, but love her!!

susan:praying
Old 12-20-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((obsessed))))
It took me a LONG time to believe, and have FAITH.

Once upon a time, there was no one who could possibly take my focus from my 2 addict sons. Thoughts of them entered my mind continuously, until, like you, I had obsessive, compulsive, sick, thinking. It's a bad thing, and it makes us sick, physically, and emotionally.

Once you believe, and have faith that your daughter has someone with her, 24/7, her H.P., you'll be able to detach, and feel less anxious about her situation.

Faith.
It's a good thing...

Hugs,
Old 12-20-2007, 12:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope you have a really nice date without too much obsessing. Don't know about you, but i used to feel guilty and weird if I started to have fun and "forgot" for a few minutes. We are so tied to our kids and its so hard knowing they are in these bad situations and also knowing we are powerless. but you're right, it does get easier.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

(((((obsessed)))))
I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better. gotta echo Sleepygoat on the feeling guilty thing, so enjoy yourself at the party, you've earned it.....way to go mom!
Old 12-20-2007, 03:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

For me that was always hard to have a good time when I knew she was who knows where, doing who knows what. I still struggle with that sometimes. Not as bad as it used to be though. I'm really glad you decided not to go. Can you get a follow up from the drug task that went to do the wellness check? I would call and find out about that.

Have a fun date you deserve to have a little fun.

Hugs...........Lo