The party went well....

Old 12-20-2007, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The party went well....

Well, I had decided that I wasn't going to allow my grandson's birthday or after birthday experience to be brought down by allowing his mother attend and I am glad I made that decission. He had a wonderful time with all his little friends and celebrated his birthday with a smile on his face. Of course, we didn't have his party until the day after his birthday and my AD did call again to find out where we were having it but we weren't home to take the call...which...again..I am happy about.

Although there was a little tention between my other daughter who refused to stay at the party with her children because a mutual friend of ours had lent her some money which she never paid back and their calls to her have gone unanswered. But, I decided that I was not getting all wrapped up in all of that, I was just going to make this a special day for my grandson!!

Thank you to everyone in this forum who has been there for me, who has talked person to person with me and who has given me their insight to such a sad situation. As the holidays roll near, I now have to work on the decission that I need to make for them ~~ I love roller coasters but this one I can't stand!!

Happy Holidays to everyone!!

Old 12-20-2007, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(( trisha))

What a lucky boy to have a grandma who loves him and looks out for him. As painful as it was, I think you did the right thing for him.

Hugs from mom to mom
Cats
Old 12-20-2007, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Trish))))

He is, indeed, a lucky and very loved little boy. I'm glad you went with your gut and he had a happy birthday. Sounds like you are really getting good with not being involved in your daughters' drama!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-20-2007, 05:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As a grandma who is raising my 4 yr old grandson...you did a wonderful thing for that little boy. He was probably so happy! At this point in life...it's all about my grandson (the one who gives me so much joy)...i'm giving my all to him.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

From another mom and grandma "nana", you did the right thing, IMO. The kids come first!!

God bless you
susan
Old 12-20-2007, 08:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

God love him......and you. You two are a team. You do really well at detaching. I don't know that I would have done so well.

Grammy hugs.........Lo