Flu-like symptoms?????

Old 12-17-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Flu-like symptoms?????

Would it be possible to run an "actual" temperature, if one was coming down from a high? Or would you think it was truly the flu?

I've noticed some different behavior, recently, and hate to jump to a rash conclusion, but this temperature and flu thing has me puzzled.

Thanks for any input.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I dont know, but remember a fever is the body's way of fighting an infection with or without other syptoms, and other flu symptoms can be similar to withdrawal symptoms.

However, using lowers ones immunity and also makes them more likely to get sick.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

My ex used to do crack/cocaine....although he would be sweating like a maniac his temperature never went up high enough to constitute flu like symptoms or fever. I had on occasion took his temp because he would claim he was coming down with something and his temp never went higher that 98 or 99.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks ladies. I know I am grasping at straws, here; but am encouraged by your words.

Our son-in-law, has been clean (not in recovery), but clean for four years. There have been a few odd incidents lately, that concern me. I know, I know ~ stay on my side of the street ~ yet, the worries are there.

Anyway, the other day, he was feeling achy, ill, and had a 102 temp. After some tylenol, he was hunky-dorey, again. I just couldn't help but wonder if there was something else besides the tylenol that helped to such a rapid recovery.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Opiate w/d causes flu like symptoms and can cause a temp. Chills, nausea, the runs, sweating. But if tylenol helped than I doubt that it was w/d cause tylenol I dont think really helps much with the w/ds
Old 12-17-2007, 01:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by PacNorwesterner View Post
Would it be possible to run an "actual" temperature, if one was coming down from a high? Or would you think it was truly the flu?

I've noticed some different behavior, recently, and hate to jump to a rash conclusion, but this temperature and flu thing has me puzzled.

Thanks for any input.
Yes.

But I wouldn't let that be the judge.

It could be the flu.

Right now, I have the "flu", I'm sick, tired, have a temperature, my mood is up and down because I'm trying to be in a good mood, but I just don't feel good. Someone who knows my past, could easily look at me and think,
Oh she's coming down, which is so not true.
Maybe you could look at it like he has four years of recovery, give him four years of trust until he gives you a solid reason not too. Whatever you feel that may be.
Don't forget it's flu season.

just a thought, 8
Old 12-17-2007, 01:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Remember too, sometimes dry addicts display the same behavior as active ones...
Old 12-17-2007, 10:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
On a tear

My kid would get very, very hot when using meth. Her cheeks would be flushed and hot to the touch. I never took her actual temperature, but got the "I think I am coming down with something" a few times. This was before I knew she was a meth addict.

Just FYI.

Today, I don't know for sure if she is sober, or not (after 2 years clean...sigh). But it doesn't matter. What matters is her behavior. If I don't like it - it doesn't matter if it is drug related or not... my boundaries (and MY actions) have to be in response to her action/inaction.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

sounds like he is sick,

(but don't let your guard down.lol)