Thanx

Old 12-16-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanx

As i sit here, i reach out to complete strangers for help. I think it is so sad that i am unable to confide in people who are so close to me. Yet i am glad that there are people out there who respond to my threads. Trying to help me make sense of things, trying to help me see the light. I am greatful for these strangers who aren't really all that strange to me anymore. Thanx
Old 12-16-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hundow,

oh, we're VERY strange
(ba-DUM-bum)

But I know what you mean about turning to strangers. It is hard to find a concentrated group of people who "get it" in real life....probably a good thing, as a city populated with only codependents and survivors of addiction would be a strange bew. But out here...we've all been there, and have a wealth of experience to share.

The web may have many flaws, but this is something it's very good at.

We're here for you, friend.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I too am grateful .... and even more so since I've been posting. I am also grateful because this forum has helped me put it into words to my guy how it is I have been feeling. I have tried for awhile now to put a stop to how and what I was feeling, my actions, my anxiety, my confusion, not being able to "JUST BE" in my reality ... totally escaping into my guys reality and being consumed with his. Awhile ago, I asked a friend to respond to me with the following: (when I was going on about my relationship) - "What is going on with YOU... what are YOU doing right now... what will YOU be doing today/tonight?" .... She was a little confused, but at the same time she did understand where I was coming from. But yes.... this is my therapy!! lol ...
Old 12-16-2007, 09:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sjr

i feel the exact same way. sometimes i feel like i don't want to burden my friends. they have their own lives, children, problems etc. atl least here people come here because they want/need to talk.

i love it also because sometimes i just need to vent and don't want to see the look of shock and pain and disgust you get from people who "don't get it"
i like that 'earth people' saying.!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Until I found this board the sheer volume of addiction never hit me. I am sad for others who are going through this, but at the same time profoundly comforted knowing that someone else out there in the universe knows exactly how I am feeling.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

:ghug WELCOME

Keep coming back and you'll get to know alot of people who have walked your path or are walking it with you. I was at the end of my rope when I found SR my mistake. It is a lifesaver! I love the people here, I know you will too!
susan
Old 12-17-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I always considered myself a knowledgeable and cool headed person especially under pressure. Well addiction changed that in a big way and thanks to this website I have been able to deal with whatever has come my way, even if I feel wiped out I know if I sit here and type my problems or feelings there will be a wise and warm post that just gets me up and running again. I never in a million years would have thought that I "needed" to learn about addiction and codependency. THANK GOD FOR SR
Old 12-17-2007, 01:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great post, Hundow! SR has taught me that my life is about ME, and working the steps in AlAnon is teaching me how to become the best ME possible.

Thank you.