An Update....

Old 12-13-2007, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

An Update....

My AD is gone again..surprise!!! It was hard watching her leave as bad as I want to change her, I know I cant'. Called her yesterday she answered and told me where she was, I did not say anything, I knew if I did it would not help matters so she is in a meth house in Alabama!! Great!!!!!! Then tonight on my way home I got a call from the son who is 18 of the meth house person, he told he that he was back in our state and Lauren is still at his moms doing meth, At first I ranted and raved at him then thought at least he called which is more than I can say for her!!! The mother went to jail Tuesday nite for possession of controlled sustance and para. and Lauren was at the house when the police came in but she did not go so it just keeps getting better!!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry your going through this it's so hard watching your child hurt themselves. If she had been arrested to at least then you would have known she was safe for awhile. My AD is in jail an while Christmas will be sad, at least I'm not laying awake wondering where she is an if she ok or not. :praying
Old 12-13-2007, 09:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I know how tough this is watching your kids self-destruct.
May you get some relief today from your suffering.
YOu might have to look for the little things in life to have gratitude for
otherwise it can be overwhelming.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

(((((((((((((((hugs and prayers)))))))))))))))))))))))
Old 12-14-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't understand why when she went to jail why she did not come home right then!! But I have to honestly say, I don't want her to continue to just use me and I know I have to be the one to stop all of this on my end..the giving money and always being here for her!!! It is sooo hard to not to try to help her but Sunday I am going to a friends and HIDE from all the world!!! Don't think Im gonna answer the phone!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((Obsessed))))
I am so sorry that this continues for you. I just wish I had some magic answers to help you with this situation. Have you ever tried an intervention?
I don't know much about it because I've never done it. I'm just wondering since she is so young that it could be something that she would have to do and not her choice. I know that on here most of us feel that we can't force them or make them face recovery. I don't think she is capable of making mature decisions regarding her recovery because she is so young. That is where a mature adult would have to make the decision for her. It might be a way to get her to stop and keep her safe for a while. She is in a very unsafe situation right now. Did you ever think of calling the police and having her picked up? I am just trying to toss some ideas out to you......I wish I could help you. Some others on here have experienced this at that young age, maybe they have some better advice.

Hugs...............Lo
Old 12-14-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
On a tear

((((Big Hugs)))) Dammit, I remember how much this hurts. My daughter has been clean from meth for two years, yet last night she told me that she will be drinking tonight.... because this is the first time since she has been 21 and not pregnant. AND... she will be drinking with her former meth dealer who is also "clean".

Awww.... crap.

Anyway... what I know is that you sound like you are on the right path. You know what you can live with... and what you cannot live with.

I try to remember that my daughter's Higher Power is right with her.... every moment. He has not left her... He knows exactly what she needs and will give it to her at exactly the right time.

MY impatience ... MY fear .... MY terror... does not factor in.

Please know I am keeping your daughter in my prayers today.... right this minute - and you as well.

(((((Obsessed)))))
Old 12-14-2007, 09:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Until she is ready, all we can do is pray for her safety and leave her in God's hands.
susan
Old 12-14-2007, 09:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

She just does not see the danger she is in!! I would love to just shake and scream can't you see what you are doing but it would just p**s her off more! I had thought about having her committed but not sure how she would deal with it when she got out. would it make her worse?? She is soooo head strong and sometimes would hurt herself just to **** me off!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Obsessed, I'm sorry...I know that this is so painful. I had to take little steps one at a time to stop trying to fix everything with my daughter. Each boundary i established; each time I bit my tongue rather than tell her what I thought she should be doing (stuff like that just became her excuse to use) each time I said nothing or said no when she would ask for money, a ride, a way out of problems she got her self into...all helped me to take care of myself and stop my part in the insanity. And I found as I got better, she too was finding her way towards finding the pain of using worse than the pain of trying to stop.

Hugs...you and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers.