Language of Letting Go - December 11

Old 12-11-2007, 02:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - December 11

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Affirmations

One of our choices in recovery is choosing what we want to think - using our mental energy positively.

Positive mental energy, positive thinking, does not mean we think unrealistically or revert to denial. If we don't like something, we respect our own opinion. If we spot a problem, we're honest about it. if something isn't working out, we accept reality. But we don't dwell on the negative parts of our experience.

Whatever we give energy to, we empower.

There is magic in empowering the good, because whatever we empower grows bigger. One way to empower the good is through affirmations: simple positive statements we make to ourselves: I love myself... I'm good enough... My life is good...I'm glad I'm alive today... What I want and need is coming to me... I can...

Our choice in recovery is not whether to use affirmations. We've been affirming thoughts and beliefs since we were old enough to speak. The choice in recovery is what we want to affirm.

Today, I will empower the good in myself, others, and life. I'm willing to release, or let go of, negative thought patterns and replace them with positive ones. I will choose what I want to affirm, and I will make it good.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Positive thinking, positive energy and positive action have all brought me to a better place in my life. Living in the solution instead of the problem. letting my attitude be gratitude, and doing the "do" things even when it hurt, kept the light shining in my soul.

The hardest "positive" for me, was believing that I deserved to be happy. How could that be true when there was so much sadness and fear all around me? How could I tell myself...and believe it...that I was a precious child of God, worthy of love and respect and a life worth living?

I learned to listen with my heart to that little voice inside that occasionally whispered that I was okay. I listened to the voice that told me that if I was doing the best I could do as a person then I was living life as God intended. And I learned that "the best I could do" was good enough for today.

Telling myself what others may not tell me, affirmations of my worthiness to be on the face of this planet, all nurtured my spirit and led me out of the darkness of negativity.

Hugs
Old 12-12-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the inspirational words. They hit the spot every time.