Well, she came back

Old 12-08-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well, she came back

She was home when I got home from work last night, I just don't know....she says she is through this time...says the other times she stopped because of me but this time it is because she wants too so I don't quite know what to say!!! She has good intentions I know but whether or not she wants to do this has still yet to be seen. I just hope she does not for me but for her and straighten her life out and be somebody!!! When I got home tonight she was in bed, I went in the room and woke her up and she was my sweet little brown eyed girl again and my heart is breaking for her, I truly wish I could take it all away for her but.....I do know I can't:praying
Old 12-08-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((obsessed)))
I too pray that she is ready to change her life. We want to believe them, but then are afraid to.
I feel the same way about my daughter - wishing I could take all the pain away. I know how you feel.
HUGS
Old 12-08-2007, 07:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The fear of trusting again only to be hurt is something that I understand. I will say a prayer that this is the time that your daughter really wants recovery. I know it can be done and the fact that she wants it for herself is a really positive thing. It takes what it takes. Don't forget to take care of yourself. Hugs, Marle
Old 12-08-2007, 08:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope and pray it is her time too...I know how heartbreaking this is...Treasure the moments where you see your little girl again. And as Marle said, don't forget to take care of you! Hugs.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

take care of you & leave your h.p. to take care of your daughter. live in today & enjoy her while she is there clean & sober. i hope this is her time.prayers, hope
Old 12-09-2007, 12:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its important that she gets into treatment right away, while she is still willing, and before the addicition can talk her out of it. can you present her with a list of facilities that she might be able to find a bed in? If not, can you drop her off at an NA meeting first thing tomorrow? I don't consider these things to be enabling - these kids have no clue HOW to get and stay clean and they just need a little direction to follow. If she's truly willing, that's all it will take.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

Sigh,
such a mental battle we do with this addiction thing, Loving them so much so we want them to get help and are so hopeful when they seem to be heading there. Yet, we are realistic from a history of disappointment to still look for the other shoe to fall.
I try to always have hope, i don't think there is anything wrong with hoping this time will be it. but we understand reality. always a juggling act when its someone we love.
Praying for both of you that its her time.
Cathy
Old 12-09-2007, 05:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

:praying and hoping this is her time! What a wonderful Christmas gift that would be!
susan
Old 12-09-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

It's a hard road to travel, just let her know she doesn't have to do it alone. There's good help out there.
Rehabs, and meetings.

Hugs, and hope