Bah Humbug! Codie behaving got me today!

Old 12-08-2007, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Bah Humbug! Codie behaving got me today!

Just when I thought everything was plunking along well-off to the post office (in a truck with no valid plates) to get stamped envelopes for AH-he is out and asked for some. It is raining & too far to walk. Stopped at the gas station and when I went to start it-not a sound-nothing. Blasted computer things-Iremember when a whack of a hammer would start anything. Back in I went-policeman was there & I asked if he would call "my best friend-a local cop" he said no he worked all night-I told him I knew that and he still refused to call. Out to the payphone-no luck there either-did not work. Hiked home-in the cold pouring down rain. I live in a rural area-broke down and called one of "AH friends" who said he would be over and pick me up. I doubt it. It is not like a have a nickle to call for service nor $ if they would over the week-end. Grrrrrrr23$&&&+++++@@@@

Just goes to show you, think 2 or 3 times before we do it.

Ann-I did print off your "Christmas"-on Christmas paper and sent it off when I went to the post office. That may be the only smile I have for a while.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry-I was stressing!!!! AH friend came-police friend came-they have the truck up and running. Said I should go back to being a blond-? Thanks all.

Back to smiles and grins!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2007, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Glad your safe, I'd tell him to go get his own stamps next time, lol. :atv
Old 12-08-2007, 12:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Needing help for broken vehicle....

You haven't lost faith in people yet!!! You knew who to call & they did respond no matter what the other cop said.

Funny how some people are...must not have wanted to help you himself either.

I had a flat tire once and two men at a phone booth walked across the highway and took my tire to get it fixed...spare was flat too...came back & put it on and would not let me give them $5 for helping me...just wanted me to pass help on to someone else down the road.

This was before random kindness was in the forefront!!!

kelsh
Old 12-08-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He can buy (or you can buy) stamped envelopes at the US Postal Svc's web site and have them sent directly to him, no rain, no truck, no fossil fuels wasted
http://shop.usps.com/

That's also why I have AAA. $60.00/year ($5.00/month) and I have no need to wait for someone to come rescue me (well, THEM, but they're required to do it and can't say no!)

Sorry you had a bad time....glad all's going better!
Old 12-08-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

No matter how bad our day, there is always a gift in there somewhere.

You had two guardian angels helping you today, just when you lost faith in human kindness. That's a Christmas gift if I ever saw one.

Hugs
Old 12-08-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((((momsrainbow))))
There really are good people in the world...we just have to look and they will find us. So glad your day brightened. Hugs
Old 12-08-2007, 10:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So Moms, when are you dying your hair? (just kidding) You made me laugh.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

AH could not get stamps-he is in county jail on the waiting list for prison time. Stamped envelopes are the only thing he gets from me-(codie-me). He writes his attorney, rehabs, church, etc.

Had only had the truck back for a few days and went "right off the deep end" when it would not run.

Lobo-a blond for over 40 yrs.-not going back. Cop knew me when I was a blond-he was joking!!!!

Sorry folks, I was VENTING!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Had only had the truck back for a few days and went "right off the deep end" when it would not run.
Not as deep as you could....About 20 years ago, I had some very stressful things going on in my life...lost a baby, streassful job, two young kids, etc. I stuffed it all...for months and pretended things were peachy.. The day that it caught up with me and I ended up in the hosptial, virtually comatose, not remembering a week of my life due to a major depressive episode, the last thing I recall was that my car would not start....

Sooooo...it could have been worse. You are smart to come here and vent!!!