SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Getting back into the swing of things (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/138608-getting-back-into-swing-things.html)

GwenMarie30 12-06-2007 10:18 PM

Getting back into the swing of things

Hello! I wanted to come here to apologize for not coming online very much lately. You all have been a wonderful support and I cant thank you all enough for the thoughts, prayers, and wishes. I wanted to give special thanks to those who wrote to me while I was gone. You know who you are. I realize there was so much prayers for me said that, it helped me make it through. You all are truely a caring family here and I have missed you terribly.

Its been a long 5 months since Ive been gone. I came home and things have really been a mess. But on the good side of the story, I am picking myself up and moving forward. I am staying with mom and stepdad for now. I have the kids alot. When I came home Paul wasnt sure what he wants and still doesnt. Well thats on him now. I have picked myself up and am looking for a job and Ive been going to my aftercare program on Wednesday evenings. I am doing good with my probation officer and am off on a good start with her. I will continue forward in my life with or without Paul. Who knows what the future holds. I have been kinda lurking in the shadows catching up on things. My this family has grown with so many new friends here! I hope to get to know you! Anyway, its late and I need to get to bed. I just wanted to stop in here and say hello and tell you how grateful I am to still have you as my friends.

SaTiT 12-06-2007 11:24 PM

Nice to hear from Gwen.

Hope things at better for you.

Ann 12-07-2007 12:52 AM

Welcome home, Gwen.

It's been a long process for you, but you have done what you needed to do and sound like you are in a good place of acceptance, even if your life is going through changes right now.

Keep doing the "do" things and one day at a time your life will move forward to a better place.

Hugs :hug:

marle 12-07-2007 03:33 AM

Welcome back, Gwen. You have been missed. I wish you nothing but good things from now on. Hugs, Marle

hope213 12-07-2007 03:57 AM

glad you are back.you were missed & will stay in my prayers. keep going forward. your H.P. has a plan for you & i am glad you are holding out for the miracle. hugs,

helpus 12-07-2007 04:20 AM

Welcome home Gwen. Happy Holidays!

mjpaao 12-07-2007 05:18 AM

Gwen, it's so nice to hear from you. Prayers that good things happen in your life. You sound really good, congrats on the "moving forward attitude." Have a wonderful holiday season!!!

MsPINKAcres 12-07-2007 09:14 AM

So awesome to hear from you, Gwen.

Glad you are taking care of yourself and focusing on the Next Right Thing - that's a good focus for me too.

How special that you are spending that wonderful time with the little ones, I'm sure you are enjoying each & every moment of it.

Will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts & prayers,
Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita

Lobo 12-07-2007 09:17 AM

Welcome back, Gwen.

It is so nice to hear from you again. It seems that things change because that is part of the plan. Remember in the middle of change there is opportunity.

Keep us posted................Lo

caileesnana 12-07-2007 09:19 AM

:Val004: :ghug3
welcome back dear friend!! I am so glad you are home and safe. Know that you were missed alot and we love you dearly. Things have a way of working out, I pray they will work out quickly for you. You have helped me more than you know and I can never repay what you have done for me!!!

love ya,
susan
:praying

cmc 12-07-2007 01:42 PM

Welcome back Gwen, it's nice to have you home.
:praying:

rayofsunshine 12-07-2007 04:33 PM

:praying
Welcome back, Gwen. We've missed you!
You have such a great attitude and you are such
an inspiration!

mooselips 12-07-2007 04:52 PM

Ah Gwen...
The world is your oyster.....

Wascally Wabbit 12-07-2007 05:30 PM

((Gwen)), I am so proud of you. You have come so very far. Your attitude is amazing after all you've been through.
Things will continue to get better for you. Just keep doing what you're doing!

bookmiser 12-07-2007 07:34 PM

(((((((Gwen))))))))

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...hth9999999.jpg

You've been missed, sweetie. Glad your back.

Love,