a lil update

Old 12-05-2007, 02:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
To Life!

Well, now *my* eyes are filled with tears from all the prayers and good will....

I really miss the thank you button!

But, Ann, you crack me up! My recovery was *far* from "awesome" for way too long, as you may recall. I fought and kicked and dug in my heels and just KNEW that NO ONE ELSE understood what *I* was going through and what *my* son was going through.
I was *going* to rescue him, and the heck with any of you who didn't believe it. He couldn't help himself; he wasn't capable. He was just a child....
Blah, blah, blah...

Sleepygoat, I like that "hope shot" figure of speech!

SS, yes, the addict does have to want it. That's why, no matter what I did, nothing worked until he was ready.

He's also had an additional motivation. His best friend died of an overdose. He was in the hospital; I had to tell him. It was really traumatic. But, he believes that Matt has visited him and told him to make it work. And he has.

Moose, Cats, BigSis, Indie, Cece, all my "old time" friends who have seen me through the struggles I've listed above. Ohhhh, yea, you remember, lol!
It's much better accepting life as it is.
It's just so much easier. :>)
And I'm greatful for all the support I've received from each one of you along the way. :ghug

Shalom!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
krhea75

Hey teach, so glad to hear about trevor...gives me hope for my own.
krhea
Old 12-05-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Teach,
This is such wonderful news, especially at this time of year. I am so glad your son is doing well, I know it has been a very long road.
BUT, I have to warn you...you will surely be turned to mush once becoming a grandma...one look into those beautiful new baby eyes and you're a goner!! Congrats, Teach, and have a wonderful Hannukah!
Old 12-05-2007, 07:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you for sharing this here...I'm so glad things are going well for Trevor and I know you will be thrilled to be Nana Teach!! Life has so many blessings and you inspire all of us to seek out those blessings and be grateful. Happy Chanukkah Teach
Old 12-05-2007, 08:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Teach........now you have all of us crying happy tears. A true story of never giving up HOPE. What an inspiration you and Trevor are to all of us here.
That baby will be sure to bring joy to all of your hearts. You and Trevor deserve all of this goodness after all you've been through. Sounds like he is really growing up and being responsible.

Love and blessings............Lo

Happy Hanukkah.......
Old 12-05-2007, 08:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((Teach)))))))))

Dang it! Late again.

Your update about Trevor and the soon- to- be-piece-of-excitement-happening-soon grandchild news, has left me with such an elated heart.
For you and for him. What an inspiring walk we've all taken with young Trevor and mama Teach.
I remember arriving here and following the advice and support of a couple o' great "teachers". You were one of my crutches in the beginning.
I'm so happy for you and your family, sweetie. What a great news "gift" for the holidays. Can't wait to see pics of you holding your grandbaby and grinnin' from ear to ear.
Love to you and Happy, Happy Holidays,
Old 12-06-2007, 04:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

i am so glad trevor is doing so good. it is one more miracle shared here. thank you for the post.it does give me hope that j. & little j. will "get it". you have been an inspration for for me.congrats on the baby.i bet you will spoil it rotten.hugs,
Old 12-06-2007, 06:09 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Let Go or Be Dragged

I'm so happy for you Teach, I think of you and your son often. It's so good to hear that Trevor is staying clean, working, going to school, and now expecting a child. It's the simplest things in life we really learn to appreciate. I am truly happy for you that you are in good spirits! I haven't been here in a while, but just wanted you to know I was thinking of you and that you are in my prayers
Old 12-06-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

congratulations on the new baby and the new life,

oh and happy chanukka