Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

Hersheys product look nearly identical to drug bags used to sell powdered drugs

Hersheys product look nearly identical to drug bags used to sell powdered drugs

Old 12-10-2007, 02:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yeah. Obviously nobody in their marketing department has ever had to suffer through a loved one with a coke addiction. I would wish it on them (karma and all), but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Idiots.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I emailed my 2 cents as well.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

well I searched some more and found out that the energy drink "cocaine' has been pulled from shelves because of the outcry over the name....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2772524.shtml
Old 12-10-2007, 03:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
On a tear

Maybe late - but I also replied to Hershey website... asked 'em if they had LOOOOTTTTSS o' money, cause that lawsuit that's comin' .... it's gonna be a biggun!

Stoopid marketing.... stoopid.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by raerae6 View Post
This is a little off topic, but has anyone seen this energy drink called "cocaine"?

Cocaine comes in red cans, with the name spelled out in what are meant to resemble lines of white powder.

When i first saw this in the store, it made me feel kinda sick. Read more here...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2459718&page=1
Yea I was going to say it's illegal now to sell and has been pulled from the shelves, I happened to find a gas station selling them, and of course had to buy one with all the hype to see what it was like. The ingredients are all the same as the rest of the energy drinks, so I figured no harm right.

Well it was intended to resemble the real coke. I'm very lucky that coke didn't trigger me. I'm purely an X meth girl, lucky for me. It gave you the same feeling of coke, gave you the numb feeling, very odd, I only did coke once or twice didn't like it, was weird to me, and I felt the same way when I drank this stuff. I drank about half the can and I was bouncing off the walls, my employer drank the other half, it was a trip.

I know it was a stupid thing for me to do, my curiosity got the best of me, I thought it would be just like Red Bull. It would trigger the hell out of any Coke Addict. Oh My.... I don't know how they made it so close to cocaine, but theirs something in that stuff... It doesn't say lidocaine on the can, but I dunno..
Old 12-10-2007, 07:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

In the link i put on there it says that they put something in it that gives that numbing sensation that real cocaine does....

I never did try it...(the energy drink that is).
Old 12-10-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by raerae6 View Post
In the link i put on there it says that they put something in it that gives that numbing sensation that real cocaine does....

I never did try it...(the energy drink that is).
Oh it does? I'll have to read that, they cut coke with lidocaine but it does not say that on the ingredients if it did, I sure in the hell would not have bought it that would have freaked me out. Maybe that is why they had to pull it.

So that is why it really did numb you, that is terrible.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Ironically the gas station I found it in was in the richest part of Beverly Hills, pretty close to Rodeo Drive, it was like 5.95 I think....
Kirby confesses that a "throat-numbing" ingredient is added to the drink to emulate its namesake, but he won't divulge the identity of that add-in, saying it's confidential.
I did not know that was legal..
Old 12-10-2007, 07:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

yeah according to the article...

"Kirby confesses that a "throat-numbing" ingredient is added to the drink to emulate its namesake, but he won't divulge the identity of that add-in, saying it's confidential."

I thought they had to tell you the ingredients of things you consume??

That would for sure be a trigger...