SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   more emotional abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/138387-more-emotional-abuse.html)

drainedwife 12-04-2007 06:44 AM

more emotional abuse

my ah woke me up at around 6 am and said "this is why i have insomnia, this is why i am not going for testing (meaning drug testing), this is why i am not going for counseling. and he went downstairs.not knowing what the heck he was talking about, i went back to sleep...
in a little while he came back up, went to my side of the bed, was pointing at me and said "you are a chronic masturbator...you have singularly destroyed 2 families, you are an evil woman"....he then went on to say he was going to call my mom and step dad and tell them...he also said he was going to tell the kids, and i am sick and need help. He then sends me emails at work telling me that my therapist had brainwashed me, and i need to stop going and start going to church. Then he sends me an article on narcissm saying "sound familiar..and also says that masturbating kills intimacy in a relationship.

I had told our marriage counselor about this--and in all his 51 years of practicing, he has never heard this one before...first of all -- i am not masturbating.....i havent been and when he accuses me---i am sleeping!!!

what in gods name is wrong with him?????????
HE is going to drive me insane.....i need to get out.

cinderellawkids 12-04-2007 06:52 AM

He's an addict he has no excuses to use so he creates ones in his head and believes them. He is drowning, dont let him take you down with him.

cece1960 12-04-2007 06:55 AM

Well I have to say thats one I haven't heard either.
I agree with Cinders.
I suppose the only good thing in all of this is the more bizarre the comments the more you know YOU are not crazy.
(((Hugs)))
Cece

caileesnana 12-04-2007 07:00 AM

He could also be paranoid schizophrenic or on the verge of a psychotic break!

Save yourself!

cookconfay 12-04-2007 07:00 AM

Geez.....xabf can come up with some doozies too. Yet another reason he is XXXXXXXX!!!!!!

frankie_b 12-04-2007 07:21 AM

well now, how crazy is THAT? He is clearly unbalanced...I hope you break away from him. How long can you and your kids live with this madness?
Save yourself!
The marriage boat is sinking...get into the lifeboat or go down with him.
Do you have another choice?
Hugs

drainedwife 12-04-2007 08:11 AM

i guess not....
he really needs help..why do i continue to feel bad for him??? its a sad situation, but you're right, he is pulling me down..i have to save myself.

and my kids...

drainedwife 12-04-2007 08:36 AM

yes, you're right and at this point even though he hasnt physically touched me since june...i feel that emotionally he will destroy me..and i have to be ok to take care of the kids....

drainedwife 12-04-2007 08:47 AM

i am afraid he is going to make this very difficult for me...im very scared of what he will do should i get an aggressive lawyer.

liesagain 12-04-2007 08:56 AM

drained.................you said yourself in one of your earlier posts that he will find a way not to go for the followup tests and such..................

and flipping out or picking a fight....well thats typical behavior

try to stay calm and not react, however be careful because he may get worse TRYING to get a reaction from you.................

my question for you is...............are you sick and tired of this type of thing from him yet? And are you ready to walk away?

because over time and reading your posts...............it really sounds like thats what it is going to take for you and your children to be ok..............

you will be in my thoughts!!!!

drainedwife 12-04-2007 09:00 AM

besides the coke, he takes xanex--and showed me the other night how he crushes it and puts it under the tounge so that it works faster....(he showed me because he thought i saw him doing coke, so he thought it would be better if i knew it wasnt coke that i saw, but xanex.)..i actually didnt see anything, just found residue of coke. He also takes 2 anti-depressants, (effexor & wellbutrin) blood pressure meds, and who knows what else. who knows what the combo of these things could do--oh yeah, i forgot suboxone-he takes that too.

drainedwife 12-04-2007 09:03 AM

he said yesterday he would go for the tests...and called the therapist to go for ind. counseling....but then this happened...he is not making it up..i think he is hallucinating....
also, i read about the blood tests, and that is not the best way to detect coke..it only stays in the system for a short time..so maybe he would go...if he knew when he was going, he could just not use for a while..also i saw he wrote done in his to do list "vita detox" to me, that means he is going to detox himself before going....also he was going to go for a sauna.
i think the hair folicle is the best way to test...i dont know if he would do that...but does it really matter???

ccirider 12-04-2007 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by drainedwife (Post 1588345)
what in gods name is wrong with him?????????
HE is going to drive me insane.....i need to get out.

Hi DW:

Do you have a place where you can go? What do your kids think about what is going on? How old are they? Do they want to go with you? I am not a doctor, but he sounds psychotic.

Peace.

liesagain 12-04-2007 09:23 AM

Drained

It really DOESNT matter what he takes............its all the same in that hes USING drugs PERIOD

the main point really is his behavior, how he treats you and the safety of you and your children....none of you deserve this............what can YOU DO, to change this situation for you and your children?

cece1960 12-04-2007 09:36 AM

I have to agree drained...there's no longer a need for an explaination, or proof, or any of the "plans" he continues to make.

As far as counsleing, it sounds to me like its just another avoidance tactic to side step the drug issues. Trust me, your husband admits to enough substances to be a drug addict. It doesn't matter where they came from.

And the dance continues...

(((Hugs)))
Cece