SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Cats Christmas Tree Adventures (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/138324-cats-christmas-tree-adventures.html)

CatsPajamas 12-03-2007 08:50 AM

Cats Christmas Tree Adventures

So I worked myself into the Christmas spirit a bit more on Saturday. We had a BIG ice storm which virtually stopped the city in its tracks, and I spent all day inside.

I typically buy a real tree, but being in the spirit and stuck in the house, I went to the basement and dug out the BIG artificial tree that the previous owners left behind.

It took me at least 2 hours to get it assembed and up... and all the time the CATS are watching. (I have 2 cats, and my son who moved back home for awhile brought 2 with him. For those of you who are adding, that makes FOUR cats in the house.)

Since this is NOT my first Cat/Dog Christmas, I anchored the tree to a wooden window frame... 2 cup hooks and twine. I have to believe its the ONLY reason the tree is still standing. I have 2 squirt bottles loaded and have been squirting the cats when I hear them in the tree. This poor tree is getting watered more than any real tree I've ever had.

Today is Tree: Day 2. 23 more to go.

Branches off - 6. I don't even know where one of them came from...
Ornaments - 4, 0 broken

The top of the tree is leaning precariously to the left, and my poor angel is hanging on for dear life. I know how she feels!

Happy decorating.

Cats

pjbs55 12-03-2007 08:54 AM

Cats,
At least it is still standing. Have your son fix the top your angel is hanging on just like you always do.
Hugs

Impurrfect 12-03-2007 09:08 AM

Thanks for the laugh! I'm glad our 4 cats are older and only want to eat and sleep. I do remember trying to pull a cat out of a tree once....claws were dug into the tree for dear life and it we made quite a mess.

Poor angel...I know how she feels, too!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

parentrecovers 12-03-2007 09:09 AM

at least a squirrel hasn't flown out of it like in national lampoon christmas vacation...

CatsPajamas 12-03-2007 09:12 AM

at least a squirrel hasn't flown out of it like in national lampoon christmas vacation...
It IS only day 2... and nothing surprises me anymore.

mooselips 12-03-2007 02:20 PM

Well nothing will put you more in
the Christmas mood than 4 cats and a squirt bottle!

Glad you got your Xmas groove back!

Lovestoomuch 12-03-2007 02:28 PM

:roflmao

That's funny!! I can relate to it all with the cats. Now.......this year I have a crawling grandson who's never ending journey takes him straight to the tree!! I'm afraid a water bottle just isn't going to cut it this time. LOL

rahsue 12-03-2007 02:42 PM

lol lol lol

thanks for the giggles today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ann 12-04-2007 03:04 AM

Cats, you may just have to sit on the top of that tree yourself!!!

Thanks for my morning smile. :day4

frankie_b 12-04-2007 04:45 AM

Does it help to know you're not alone ? Take a look at this.
http://fluffytails.ca/christmas.asp

Impurrfect 12-04-2007 04:52 AM

frankie b. - I loved it!!! That tree must be really tough!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

CatsPajamas 12-04-2007 05:26 AM

Frankie b, that was PUURRRRRFECT. I can and should do the same. Today the tree is leaning a bit more to the left, and the angel has made it thru the night with a little help from her higher power and some safety pins.

Cats

cece1960 12-04-2007 06:52 AM

Cats...you crack me up!

laurie6781 12-04-2007 07:25 AM

Oh Frankie that was absolutely PRICELESS. Brought back lots of memories.

Cats, when we had four cats, and even anchored they would manage to knock the tree down, so had a brilliant idea I thought, lol seeing as it was an arificial tree we put the branches in backwards and Donald hung it from the ceiling (we had high ceilings, it was an old farm house). Drove the cats nuts, but they couldn't reach it, rofl

Now I recently I have seen ads for a tree that you actually do hang upside down from the ceiling and the ads are directed at folks with cats.

It will certainly be an 'interesting and fun' christmas with your cats and the tree. A good laugh does us all good, so..................................enjoy!!!!!!

Love and hugs,

CatsPajamas 12-04-2007 07:30 AM

Tree Day 3:
There are no ornaments on the right side of the tree at all. Whenever I find them on the floor, I seem to hang them on the left side.

Branches 3
Ornaments 6, broken 2

Angel may leap to safety into a nearby hanging plant.

parentrecovers 12-04-2007 08:05 AM

OH CHRISTMAS TREE! OH CHRISTMAS TREE! HOW LOVELY ARE WHAT'S LEFT OF YOUR BRANCHES!

helpus 12-04-2007 10:30 AM

Haa I would love to see a picture of how the tree looks on the big day!! (I anchor my tree with fishing line) Gotta love it.

sjr 12-04-2007 10:45 AM

cats...thanks for making me smile today! i needed that...haven't even put my tree up yet...working on finding the holiday spirit...soon i hope!

frankie_b 12-04-2007 11:02 AM

Cats, you could try the upside down tree.
Then again, you might arrive home to see the 4 cats in it leaping, purring and meowing upside down. :lmao