1st Al-Anon tonight!

Old 12-02-2007, 01:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile 1st Al-Anon tonight!

Hey guys,

Just writing to let you know I went to my first al-anon meeting tonight! (No nar-anon near me)

It was good. I was nervous at first, and scared I was about to burst into tears in front of everyone, but it's all good. First of everything is always the hardest.

My A tried it on again today, called and left a message asking me to call becasue there was 'someone he wanted me to meet' ... is he trying to play on my kitten curiosity?!! ...you know what they say... curiosity killed the cat! If he'd bothered to tell me who this 'important' person was I may have thought differently, but staying with it.

I had a realisation today, that even though this week has been an incredible tornado of things happening, emotions flying everywhere, and the feeling that the thoughts in my head won't sit still, there have still been good things happen most days, it hasn't all been totally unbearable.

For example today I was sent an email re a job vacancy which is totally up my alley. So feeling positive that I do have a lot of choices (too many I keep feeling actually! It's confusing!) and there are a lot of positive opportunities for me out there.

It's so good for me to know at the beginning and end of the day I can log on here and vent and read and gain strength and knowledge.

Hugs to all.
Goodnight!
Old 12-04-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you went and enjoyed, the meetings do help. We are not alone!
susan
Old 12-04-2007, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

how was the meeting? i am waiting to hear from you.