I am really confused

Old 12-03-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what is your daughter saying about this? there are other methods to reduce or stop the pain other than pills. my husband gets a series of shots in his back every 3 months from a pain management dr. he was referred to him by his surgeon.again if he thinks he does not have a problem there is nothing you can do.i suggest you just back off & let it fall where it falls. we have a saying"hands off the addict." let us know how it is going.more prayers.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the prayers and support. You see he gets really nasty and mean. Also he will NOT listen when I tell him hes getting that way. My son thinks hes a jerk a lot of the times. He sees the way his father gets and doesnt like it. But he (husband) says I am just looking for it and he is just fine. For a man that never really yelled he screams alot now. Then when he wants to "talk" he wont let me get a word in, and he wants exact examples of when he is mean!! I mean reallly, now I have to write things down, but I know he wont hear that either. But I may start recording him. If he would talk rationaly and just listen I could explain, but when he starts with the nastyness and screaming I get frazzeled and lose my train of thought and then cant think. So of course nothing I want to say comes out right.
Then there are days that he is just fine. But in the mean time I am still hurt and upset from the last scene because I was made to feel like a piece of crap. And I am wondering when the next scene will be. Sometimes its a long time but his overall attitude is just sucky!! And as long as I keep my mouth shut things are smooth. I am learning that right now its just not worth it. We have been married 25 years and most of it was good, up until the accident. The last 10 have been ok but according to him everything is fine and has been. He doesnt want to hear it when I say I was ready to leave 5yrs ago. "No it wasnt that bad" he tells me!! Sorry this is so long, but I want to know can a person have a drug addict personality and be off the meds? If he is only taking the pills when he needs them and not every day (I am checking this out now) why do I see the old signs again? And what if anything can I do about this?? Ugh this is just a mess!!!!