Newbie...

Old 11-27-2007, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie...

I first posted this in the substance abuse forum...oops! But Sugah told me to post here too...so her goes:
---------------------------

Hi everyone!

I've never done this before but I'm sort of at my wits end and need someone to talk to. My boyfriend of two and a half years is addicted to methadone and morphine that he's buying from his sister and her connections. He was a heroin addict for over a year before we met but had been doing pretty well. Recently though, he started using "occasionally" again and before he knew it, he was addicted. I know that for an addict, there's really no such thing as "occasionally," but its hard for me to know what to say since I've never been in his shoes.

As of Sunday, he was out of drugs and knew that he was going to start withdrawing and he's just generally cranky right now. I really believe that we can get through this but the toughest part is that its a long-distance relationship. He lives five hours away in Virginia so I can't even be there to be with him right now.

Does anyone have some suggestions they can share that might help me get through this and help him through this without being an enabler. That's the last thing I want to do but I'm afraid that I might already be one. I'm not sure how to stop doing that but still stay together.

I could also just use some prayers right now for both he and I to get through this. I know it will be several days before he starts to feel better and I guess I just need to not take it personally if he's in a bad mood.

Any suggestions...thanks!! Have a wonderful day!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to this wonderful place. More will be along that have walked in your shoes, some are still walking!
You are in my thoughts and prayers, please remember the 3 C's!!!
susan