guess what i did today!

Old 11-26-2007, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sjr

guess what i did today!

got up this morning bright and early with some kind of weird new feeling.i realized i was actually in a good mood. i don't know why, it hasn't been a great week, month, year etc...

i have started reading a codependant book. wow, that has been enlightening.

anyhow...i got up, got lots of errand ran
bought me a pair of jeans that fit (i've lost25 lbs through all of this)
and I BOOKED ME A CRUISE YA'LL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am going on a 7 day cruise with my boyfriend and brother and his girlfriend!!!!

i did it for me and just me.
no AD, no cell phone, no job, nuttin!!
the kid has been on several cruises...me never
the kid has vacationed ALOT...me not in like 12 years
i love her to pieces, but she is not invited!

i tried to talk her tonight...you know like a conversation...without yelling and name calling....that lasted like 60 seconds. i just got up and walked away...i told her i was done being spoken to in that manner and if she couldn't talk to me with out it then i guess we wouldn't be talking....she agreed!! ....first thing we've agreed in a while.

kinda a crappy thing to agree about....

my point is....i think i woke up this morning, and decided to take my life back!!!!!!!!!!!
and that makes me smile right now....even though i just got called a crazy B***H....owell...~wasn't the first time...probally won't be the last

o by the way....i also decided i am spending christmas with my dad in florida, i would of never done this before....my parents are divorced since i was one....i have never had christmas with my dad. i called my dad, invited myself...called my mom and told her i was going....yeah i gotta pat me on the back for that one....hahaha....you have no idea how hard that was....but heck, that another story for a different forum
Old 11-26-2007, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Talking Congratulations SJR

On EVERYTHING!!!! Wow, today was a really good day for YOU. Don't you dare in a day or two go and getting to feeling guilty. It was time to take back your life and do something for you. And.....you lost weight!!! Bonus!!!

Keep coming, keep getting strong and keep up your boundaries!!! Amazing. Doesn't it feel good?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like a plan!

I just got back from the Dominican Republic...and it was all about ME. I had a great time, just as you will on your cruise.
Heck, half the fun is in the dreaming and planning.
Good for you, sounds like a great day.
(((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 11-26-2007, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Cool decided to take my life back!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea for You. I have been putting a lot of focus on AS lately which I had weaned myself off of for awhile. Now I have a codie hang-over. I realize there is plenty of room for focus on me and that will be my goal starting today
I will take your lead because it is evident from your post just how good it can feel.
I am taking a trip in Dec. too. I know that a Change in latitude is great way to get change of attitude.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Super congratulations......way to go!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yay !!!!!!!!!!! your gonna love the cruise ! My mom has gone on one every year for the last six years !

It's nice to hear your day went well .
Old 11-26-2007, 06:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

You're going to have SOOO much fun!

Be sure to take pictures!!!!

Good for you, for stepping up, and treating yourself GOOD!

Here you go...

Last edited by mooselips; 09-26-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

you sound sooooo good. a cruise??? i have never been on one. fla.for christmas? wow, u can pat your self on the back.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sjr

thanks guys!!!!!! it does feel good. i am not going to be foolish and expect that everyday will be like today. but i gotta say this has been one of the best days i have had in soooooo long. again i don't know why it happened. heck i don't even care why it happened. i hope it happens again though.

my good day continued into the night. i went out to dinner with my very handsome, super sweet and patient boyfriend, that i haven't been able to spend hardly any time with in months..

i left my daughter home. i ordered her take out and called it a happy night.

i am back home. i got home at 10:00. she was already in bed?????
she got up with an attitude asking me if i brought home leftovers???
i said no, i ordered you food, why would you need leftovers?
she mumbled and mumbled some more, i have no idea what she said and slammed the door to her room. haven't seen her since.

hmmmm, i wonder, is my good day affecting her usual o so chipper mood(sarcasm)? does for the day she think that mom isn't going to obcess over me??? and does maybe, just a little, that bothers her? hmmmmm, i wonder.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Originally Posted by sjr View Post
thanks guys!!!!!! it does feel good. i am not going to be foolish and expect that everyday will be like today. but i gotta say this has been one of the best days i have had in soooooo long. again i don't know why it happened. heck i don't even care why it happened. i hope it happens again though.

my good day continued into the night. i went out to dinner with my very handsome, super sweet and patient boyfriend, that i haven't been able to spend hardly any time with in months..

i left my daughter home. i ordered her take out and called it a happy night.

i am back home. i got home at 10:00. she was already in bed?????
she got up with an attitude asking me if i brought home leftovers???
i said no, i ordered you food, why would you need leftovers?
she mumbled and mumbled some more, i have no idea what she said and slammed the door to her room. haven't seen her since.

hmmmm, i wonder, is my good day affecting her usual o so chipper mood(sarcasm)? does for the day she think that mom isn't going to obcess over me??? and does maybe, just a little, that bothers her? hmmmmm, i wonder.
I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!! YOU ROCK!!!

You bet it bothers her .... and you can also bet that she is going to try to trigger the old responses from you (she will start pushing buttons intentionally real soon) She is not going to like it that she can't get you to engage. Addicts don't like change .. it takes us out of our comfort zone ... We will do and say anything that will keep you locked in to the same ol' patterns. That way the addict can continue to blame the other person for all their problems ... If you change then she will be forced to change in some aspect too, but it won't be to accommodate her ... she will have to deal with you on your terms NOT HERS! God knows the addict likes to feel in control. She is losing it.

Sounds to me like your day WAS PRICELESS!
Keep having your "ME" days ... thats the way it should be.
And like I said .. she ain't gonna like it, but OH WELL

You are taking care of you and it feels good doesn't it?
Love the feeling ... Embrace it ... Desire more of it and indulge yourself.
Each and every time you do for you ... you're breaking the links of codependency ... you are giving her back her addiction and all the baggage that comes with it. It is HERS (she owns it) and it is time she carries it herself. Consider each door slam, each mumble grumble mutter, every rude and disrespectful remark as her protest to the NEW, HEALTHY, HAPPY YOU ... You are destroying her power and taking your life back. She won't like it at all, but hey it ain't about what she does or doesn't like now is it? (*visualize the wicked witch of the west in The wizard of oz ... when Dorthy threw water on her*) "Ahhhhh I'm melting, I'm melting" LOL

It's not even the 4th of july yet, but I gotta say it
Happy Independence Day to you!!

Keep on keepin' on,
Passion

Last edited by nytepassion; 11-27-2007 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Yes, just as Nyte says...daughter may pull some stuff BUT you are taking care of you
now and standing in the bright light of your life.
So just remember let the slammed door be music to your ears...at least she's out of sight :mock