Sales Clerk sharing

Old 11-24-2007, 08:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Sales Clerk sharing

I wanted to share something that happened to me today.
My youngest daughter and I had gone to the mall to buy her some make-up. The lady helping her was very nice, probably in her twenties. My daughter asked me if I wanted to look at something for me. Another reason I like going shopping with her - she tries to get me to buy something for myself! lol

Anyway, I asked the girl if she had anything for my dark circles under my eyes. She was showing me some stuff and she asked my daugher if she was an only child. She said, "well sort of since my older sister doesn't have anything to do with her family now". I know, that response is sad for me too.

Anyway, I told the sales clerk that my daughter has had addition problems and chooses not to talk to us.
Well, this young woman just opened up and told me she was an addict, but has been clean for 2 years. Told me she had treated her mom like crap. I asked if she ever talks to her mom now and she said that her mom is her best friend. She told me that my daughter will come around and to not give up.

OK, so now this nice woman not only is trying to take care of my under eye circles, but is wiping tears as they roll down my face. She was so kind to me and wrote down her name and number. In my opinion this was a God thing.
Sometimes I need some additional hope, and over these holidays, I have been somewhat depressed about not having my oldest daughter around (or at least speaking to her family).

So, I wanted to share that you never know who you will meet and help, just by being honest. This lady did not have to share with me, but she had a major impact on me.

Just wanted to share this.

HUGS
Old 11-24-2007, 08:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((Terri))

I call those God appointments... or god in skin. Those are the moments when I know that my HP is speaking to me, and it's all good.

I am glad that she was able to share her experience, strength and hope with you. I bet she came away from your encounter feeling happy also.

Hugs
Cats
Old 11-24-2007, 08:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

God speaks to us in many ways, sometimes through people we just "happen" to meet along the way.

I love the saying "Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous".

Great day and great message, havehope.

Hugs
Old 11-24-2007, 11:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

He works in mysterious ways doesn't he?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow, that's awesome!
Thankyou for sharing that story :0)
Old 11-25-2007, 03:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. That young lady did a lot not only for you and your daughter, but for others here today. I know she gave me hope that maybe, I will see my kids again.
Keep faith, our HP hits us when we need it the most. He does reach out to us all the time but we have to be open for the message.
Hugs to you
Old 11-25-2007, 03:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Truth Seeker

Most defiantly a God sighting. Such an important reminder to share our painful experiences with others as a way to encourage them along their journey.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Definitely a God thing!

That's why I'm so open about my addiction. It's not that I talk about it all the time, but when some people ask why I'm a server when "you could be doing so much more", I tell them the condensed version of why I'm where I'm at. I have met SO many people who are dealing with addiction or know someone else who is. I figure if I can give someone else hope, then it's a good thing.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-25-2007, 05:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

havehope,
Thanks for sharing that story, how nice of the salesgirl to share with you, too.

Hugs
Old 11-25-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by havehope View Post
Well, this young woman just opened up and told me she was an addict, but has been clean for 2 years. Told me she had treated her mom like crap. I asked if she ever talks to her mom now and she said that her mom is her best friend. She told me that my daughter will come around and to not give up.
Oh my God... how? How? HOW did she turn that corner and get clean? I need HOPE. I need more stories of SUCCESS. What happened to turn her life around? Please, I need all the clues I can get, in case there is some way I can help my daughter to reach that turning point...
Old 11-25-2007, 06:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Tears
I didn't ask how or why. I just told her that I was proud of her. She did tell me she was addicted to almost everything she could get her hands on. She said that one day she just realized, went home, and told them she needed help. Another proof that THEY have to want it. We can want it for them, but that will not work.
She was such an inspiration to me and gave me hope for my daughter.
Tears - you can not get your daughter to reach that turning point - she will have to. What we can do is work and ourselves and pray, pray, pray!!!!
Hugs to you
Old 11-25-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

In my opinion this was a God thing.
In my opinion too! What a precious moment...thanks fro sharing it here. There is always hope. Hugs
Old 11-25-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That was a beautiful thing for that young woman to share with you. When I share my daughter's story with others, I always find people a lot more caring than I thought. I believe that most people have been touched by addiction. I am glad that she helped to reinforce your hope and you defintely touched her too. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-25-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I love when that happens. God's way of speaking to you and telling you not to give up hope. I'm glad your daughter was there to be a part of that also. I like to call people like that Earth Angels.

When you are feeling blue hang onto that story.....it was meant for you.

Hugs............Lo
Old 11-25-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

thanks for the post. we all need success stories. i love to hear them get clean.hugs,
Old 11-26-2007, 09:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Who says you can't see God? I have seen him shine through others and reach out to give me a hug ... I have heard him speak through the mouth of a stranger. Just as you did

Thank you for sharing your wonderful hug from heaven with all of us here. Your story is so touching, truly beautiful and simply divine

Keep looking up,
Passion
Old 11-26-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing!! It means alot to hear success stories do exist! My prayers for your family!
Old 11-26-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

God speaks to us in many ways, and that 'angel' was there when you needed her most! This did my heart good, thanks!
susan
Old 11-26-2007, 10:48 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
On a tear

Sometimes, I get hope by going to open AA or open NA meetings and listening to those who actually got clean and stayed that way for some time.

If I can't go to those - I order speaker tapes/cds from the internet. I don't know any of the well-known speakers - so I just order them and let God lead me to the right ones.

Just pull up Google and search for "AA speaker cd" or "Alanon speaker cd" they are often reasonably priced and helped me very much in my early recovery - especially when I was at my most desperate.

That god shot - thank you so much for sharing that. I had to let myself become aware of these things, and once I did (and once I let go of the idea that *I* was responsible for all the good things happening in my life), once I let myself be open to seeing them, these Godincidences started happening - a lot.

Thank you very much.