silly and sad

Old 11-22-2007, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

silly and sad

This is how I live .

I sleep with my car keys in my pillow case.

I put all my electronics in my locker at work .

I hide somethings so good I can't find them myself LOL !!

I wear all the jewelery I own , it's not much but I NEVER take it off.

My socks and fancy underwear are hidden in random drawers , my addict niece doesn't shop for much for herself , she seems to just help herself to my things.

I shower at work so I can buy the fancy shampoo and body wash that I like , I also shave there so she doesn't use my razor.

My kids gamecube , psp , ps3 are always hidden in random places through out the house.

I put small pieces of scotch tape at the top of my bedroom door to see if she has gone in there when I am not home.

I used to search the garbage she threw out from her room , I quit that a while ago.
I used to snoop in her drawers , I discovered lots of things but it is just too stressful so I stopped .

There are probably more I just can't think of them. They are silly but sad at the same time. I can't stand living like this . When her court is finally done she is facing time in jail , not sure how much but her lawyer said min. 1 year. As awful as it seems I am sort of looking forward to it. She did some awful things that she should be locked up for. I can only hope she learns from it all . She has been in a day program for two weeks now , so we will just hope she stays clean . The last binge was a pretty bad one.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mewoman,
It is sad that we have to live like that. I agree at times it is easier to wish they were in jail instead of with us. My heart goes out to you and what you are putting up with.
Hugs and prayers coming your way
Old 11-22-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I've lived like that too and it really stinks.

In hindsight, I wish I had just thought to get a really good lock for my door, and another one for my closet each with a different key. That would have been way easier than hiding things and then trying to find them again later.

Just hang on to your boundaries and do the best you can. I'm glad she is trying to stay clean.

Hugs
Old 11-23-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
krhea75

i remember those times. Being a prisoner in your own home. Things are better now, only because my son lives in a halfway house. You need time to heal from this assault on your home. It's too bad it's jail for your niece, but maybe this will be her time to get her act together. hang in there, sweetie.
krhea
Old 11-23-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((((( mewoman))))))hang in there. maybe she will be gone soon & i hope she gets clean & stays clean while she is locked up. in the mean time, buy yourself some locks, it will HELP keep her out. i put them on my bedroom door when my a.s., was young but it did not keep him out. i never noticed for yrs. but i had paneling in my bed room & in the hall .he took the paneling loose so he could run his hands in my closet & get some of my things that way.it is a shame but if they want to get in they will find a way. my grandson never figured out how to get in when i locked the b.r. door while he was here or else never wanted to get in bad enough.it is tough to live like that. i am sorry u are having to live like this. may sure she knows she has got to have a home plan when she gets her time served.i would not let her come back to my home. prayers,
Old 11-23-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think almost all of us have been where you are...It does seem kind of silly to someone who doesn't understand what we go through, but you are right...it is just so sad. Just as we can not control the addict, we can not control how others enable or choose to handle having addiction in our lives. It's so hard when you can't make a choice not to be in the same household and in the front seat of the drama and pain.

I sure hope her time for embracing recovery comes soon...In the mean time, keep plugging away, one baby step at a time and don't forget to take very good care of you! Hugs
Old 11-23-2007, 02:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

it is awful that we have to do things like that. I hope the outcome is one your hoping for. and I hope you get some peace (sleep at least)