OT: Prayers needed again, please

Old 11-20-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT: Prayers needed again, please

Hi everyone -

well, apparently in my family, when it rains it pours. Just found out my uncle Bob just had his 2nd heart attack and his wife (mom's sister, Phyllis) is being checked out for cancer again.

Bob is doing well...they put stents in yesterday and are talking about sending him home tomorrow. He is 90 years old, but is otherwise VERY healthy. Phyllis had a lumpectomy done years ago and the arm she had lymphedema in then is all swollen again. This began when we were all in MN, for uncle Dave's funeral, but she wouldn't tell anyone. They did a scan on her today and are trying to find an oncologist to read it (hers is out of town).

I'm a little shaken, but okay. Luckily, did what has become natural for me now...called my "other mother" (mom's best friend), then came here....much healthier way of dealing with things than what I did in the past.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-20-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Amy,
I am sorry for all your heartache. Your strength will hold it together for you. You are one of the strongest people I've ever met (well technically not met but you know) I'm glad you have your "other mom", it certainly helps to talk to someone.

hugs and prayers
Old 11-20-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All my prayers are with you.
:praying
-Broken
Old 11-20-2007, 01:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Amy, It is a sad fact of life that the older we get the more heartache and losses we incur. Sending prayers for your Uncle Bob and Aunt Phyllis. So glad that you are able to deal with the hurt and still maintain your recovery. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-20-2007, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Amy)))))
I'm sorry so much is going on...I have you and your family in my prayers. I went through a period like this with relatives too...Lost 3 very close members within 9 days. It is quite tough, but please know we are here and praying for you all.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hugs and prayers from me too Amy!
Old 11-21-2007, 05:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Amy,
Glad you are back. I find it sad and overwhelming sometimes that I am getting to the age where all my family is getting older and some are ill. I remind myself that is the life cycle, the way it's supposed to be. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not. I lost both grandmothers within two years, and one was my favorite person in the world! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Susan
Old 11-21-2007, 06:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Amy,
I know how you feel. All of my mom's family are getting old and some not doing so well. We are a close family and me and my sister's find ourselves taking care of these old folks.

You are handling yourself so well under pressure, Amy. I am so happy for you.

Keeping you and your family in my prayers..........Lo
Old 11-21-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone!

I am trying to accept that this IS a part of life, and the people I love can't live forever. I'm also trying to remember what mom always told me when I complained about getting older..."it's better than the alternative".

Luckily, since she was told she would die by the time she was 30 (she actually made it to 50), she always lived life as if each day was a gift and it made a big impact on me. I got off track there for a while, but I'm being very grateful for every day...good and bad.

I'm VERY grateful for my wonderful friends here!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy