son went to court and survived: w/o my $

Old 11-19-2007, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

son went to court and survived: w/o my $

just a follow up for those of you who asked,
first my AS called last night and left a message of apology for verbally abusing me about not paying for a lawyer. He said he was out of line, and shouldn't have said many things he said. The apology sounded genuine but I have seen too many ups and downs with him lately, to many past apologies, to not be looking for the angle. ( sadly)
So he called me today after court, and the judge offered him a deferred sentence of 18 months probation, if he doesn't get in trouble, it all goes off his record. He would have to be drug tested regularly and possibly do some sort of rehab,
So of course he didn't take it. He knows he can't stay sober that long, so even if it looks good now it won't be later.
He wants to go to trial, which is scheduled for March and hopes to get a not guilty plea.
So the drama drags on. I guess I wanted closure for me.
I'll keep praying that what God wants to happen will. I was hoping it was jail now, because as I have said, if its not Jail now, it will be Jail later, and maybe now it would wake him up.
Oh well, got to let it go right?
Cathy
Old 11-19-2007, 06:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Cece)))
I have the same thing going on here, oldest AS keeps getting a continuation...so heaven knows when he'll ever go to court......it drags on and on.....
So, I kind of know how you feel....
Old 11-19-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Content with my past

I am right there guys, my son had court at 7 tonite and he already got one continuance and he gave me a hard way to go to get him up and moving so I left and he didnt go to court. He will now have a warrant out for his arrest and the sad thing is, is that I am glad that he will have that. He needs to be locked up for the way he takes advantage of everyone that loves him. I feel all of the pain on this forum. I feel like I am in the worst postition a mother/parent could ever imagine to be in. Good luck to us all!!
Old 11-19-2007, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Let me just jump on this wagon. My son goes to court for Violation of Probation (for testing positive) on Wednesday (yep the day before Thanksgiving). Possibly could be locked up in jail or rehab...not sure which. Trying not to think about it or I will go crazy. I'm praying the judge makes the right decision of where to place him. I'm thinking it's gonna be a long term rehab...we'll see. :praying
Old 11-19-2007, 08:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My Mother turned down a deal too. . . I suspect because it involved rehab. I have that weird sense of relief too. At least she's safe, fed, and sober. I fear if she got out she'd just violate parole again and end up in there a lot longer. Here's to hoping for wake up calls due to jail time!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sending good vibes to all ur families:praying
sometimes ithink that jail can save someone live
so everything comes for a reason!!
good luck
Old 11-19-2007, 11:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

My son has a warrant out bec he never paid a speeding ticket. I was bugging him to go take care of it and one of my best friends, who is a lawyer, advised him what to say to the judge since he has no money to pay the fine. We were concerned, but son is not concerned or motivated to take care of it. Knowing he could get picked up on that warrant at any time. Yep, Cece we have to let it go. Their strategies for livin' life is beyond our comprehension.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

prayers for you & your son.it will be what it is gonna be. let go & do something good for you.hugs,
Old 11-20-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((cece)) I agree with hope213. Do something good for you. your carrying a lot around on those shoulders. I'm a fan of a long, hot bath my favorite music and a good book!
Old 11-20-2007, 05:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Why does everything roll off their backs...like its nothing???? And in the meantime us moms and dads walk around with knots in our stomachs...not knowing what's gonna happen to them. I won't sleep tonight wondering whats gonna happen to him tomorrow at court. I have to stop or I will drive myself crazy. I cant control what his choices are anymore. I have to realize that this is no longer my problem. These are the mistakes he's choosing to make..nothing I can do. Thanks for listening. just venting.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

Wow!
It's sad but I feel like I should be wishing everyone "Happy Court Day" this week instead of "Happy Thanksgiving."
"Puddin"
I actually slept pretty good the night before his court date. A first for me.
so you will be in my thoughts praying the same for you.
We'll have to all stick together and be here for each other!:comfort
Cathy