OT: Home from MN

Old 11-16-2007, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT: Home from MN

Hi everyone!

I got home at 2:30 this a.m. - drove 17 hours straight but had a very uneventful trip home. Elvis, my cat, was SOOO happy I'm home and just jumped up here to keep me company.

I got some sleep, since I go back to work tonight, but when I got on the computer, had 4 e-mails from my cousins in MN. I have always been more like a sister, than a cousin up there and it was so good to see everyone. My dad, I think, is still walking around on cloud 9. He hasn't seen many of the cousins since the year b4 mom died (she died 16 years ago), so he had a lot of catching up to do and got to meet spouses and kids he's never seen. It was really nice to see him walking around with this huge smile on his face.

I'm going to look for another job, closer to home, on my days off (Wed & Thur). Will keep my present job until the first of the year, because this is a busy time and the $$ will be good. I'll just try to get something I can work for the lunch shift on weekends to get my feet in the door. I can work 2 jobs 2-3 days a week and will insist I keep my 2 days off. Stressing myself out is just not something I want to volunteer for any more I guess it took hearing how wonderfully I'm doing from about 50 people I'm related to, to realize I really do need to change jobs.

I got to talk to 2 of my dear friends from SR on the way up there, and while I was there. That definitely helped 'cause I was really worried about going into SR withdrawal!!!

Thanks for all the prayers. I was able to help my aunt and cousins a lot (I did most of the 200+ thank-you cards and got them all organized on the computer then handed it over to my cousin, Tim, who is a computer genius). We figure my mom is giving Uncle Dave the grand tour of Heaven ("no...you don't want to go down that hallway, come over here") and they are having one heck of a welcome party. He's back with his mom & dad (my grandparents), mom and a sister who died when she was 12, b4 mom was even born.

I was thoroughly loved and spoiled and I probably gained 20 lbs. 2 of my aunts gave me $$ and I wasn't allowed to spend a cent while I was up there, so I am actually okay as far as the money goes. I will also get paid for the delivery I made for dad on the way up there, so I'm glad I turned all my $$ concerns over before I left.

Oh, and BTW - I found out my aunt Phyllis (who has been very supportive of me) is a codie. She is all enmeshed in my cousin Dave's life (his wife is a supposedly RA). I told her about the 3 c's, and the hula hoop. Don't know if it will help, but was glad I could support her and NOT jump in and try to fix her.

Hugs and prayers!!

Amy
Old 11-16-2007, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

glad you are home all safe & sound. you sound good & that is a good thing. i missed you.hugs,
Old 11-16-2007, 04:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Amy, Thanks for the update. Sounds like you had a good time. Glad you are back. I missed you. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-16-2007, 04:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome back, Amy, it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Hugs
Old 11-16-2007, 04:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Content with my past

Welcome home Amy!!! I missed you also while you were away. I thought about you alot and glad you are back and happy. Talk to you soon.
your friend in Cincy
Old 11-16-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sis I am so glad your home ok......I am so sorry, I wish I could of been there more for you honey.........Just know your in my thoughts a Prayers always