SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   another night of police fun (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/136917-another-night-police-fun.html)

sjr 11-14-2007 06:09 PM

another night of police fun

she left again. i just got her home last night. she left a note telling me she can't believed what i did to her last night. and that she is not an addict, yes, she said "i smoke weed, but i don't abuse it"

even though, she admitted to doing heroin this week. tested positive for coke, pot, and benzos.

wants me to just leave her alone.

i reported her as a runaway. have had the cops at my house all night....again.

who knows when she'll be back.

i know i am sooooo tired.

Ann 11-14-2007 06:11 PM

(((SHR)))

I'm sorry you are going through this, she just isn't done and there isn't much that can stop her.

Sending prayers, for her and for you. Please try to get some rest and leave her in God's hands tonight.

Hugs

kelsh 11-14-2007 06:57 PM

sjr, :Val004:

I feel so sad that you had to go through all of this again. It is never ending. She will have to find her way. Sometimes in simular situations, I have wanted to run away myself so no one could find me. :caveman

My kids are in their late forties and one is 38 & the other is 30. I am an old woman..not really but had my youngest daughter when I was 37. When she was in third grade I went to a Mother's Tea and her classmates thought I was her grandmother because I had grey in my hair.

Life goes on for all of us but it would be nice to be able to switch our thinking off so we could just have a completely quiet time with no thoughts!!!! :comfort

Right now my husband is asleep in his chair...got a new pain med yesterday and now is zoncked....I haven't fixed supper yet and it is almost 7 PM. When he sleeps like this I can't get him awake....just have to wait for him to wake up. It is very frustrating for me but he is the one having to deal with the chronic pain that is quite unbearable at times...but he does test my limits sometimes where I wished he had never heard of Oxycodone or his doctor either. He was prescribed this med originally by a doc at the University of Washington Medical /Trauma Hospital in Seattle. He does fine most of the time but there are those days that just creep by while I wait for him to wake up....am so fearful that sometime he won't wake up but I can't do anything about it either.

Take care of You....wish you could vanish on a much needed break from family.

kelsh

mooselips 11-14-2007 07:54 PM

((((sjr)))
I feel so darn sad for you.
It's so easy to say we are powerless, but it hurts just the same to realize there's nothing we can do to help our children.

I'm glad you reported her as a runaway.

Try to take care of yourself, and give it up to your H.P. and hers.

Hugs,

Elana 11-15-2007 05:03 AM

It is sad.

It is pretty obvious this young woman is on her own path.

You cannot control her or what she does but you do need to take care of YOU.

At this point you need to take every possible legal step to protect YOU and your resources as you can be held financially responsible for anything she does due to her age. She may have never stolen or robbed or damaged things, but if she tested for all those drugs she is an addict and addicts do what they do without a care for anyone else. Active Addicts are not the people you think they are. They can be very dangerous to their families and they are unpredictable. The gender of the addict does not matter.

Tkae care and stay safe.

Easeful 11-15-2007 05:12 AM

Elana makes a good point. Is emancipation an option?

hope213 11-15-2007 05:26 AM

i feel your pain & i am sorry you are hurting. i am saying prayers for you & your daughter. just take care of you. there is nothing else you can do for her, she does not want the kind of help you want to give her. i am sorry.

cece1960 11-15-2007 06:20 AM

Hang in there ((((sjr)))
Everything for a reason, ya know?
Prayers that reporting her as a run away will start the wheels in motion to get her the help she needs.
((((Hugs))))
Cece

BigSis 11-15-2007 07:03 AM

(((hugs))) I am also glad you called the police. Consequences for their actions are one way addicts figure out stuff.

Please know you are both in my prayers.

BigSis 11-15-2007 07:03 AM

PS... If you can find some Alanon or Naranon meetings in your area, I URGE you to try a few. They saved MY life. No exaggeration.

caileesnana 11-15-2007 09:40 AM

I am glad you called and reported her as a runaway. My heart goes out to you, I am so sorry another parent has to live with this.
Prayers for you and AD,
susan:praying