Well, I talked to her....

Old 11-08-2007, 11:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well, I talked to her....

Today I had a missed call on my cell phone and the area code was where my 18 year old AD is and I called it back and never got an answer but finally she called me back....the attitude is back and she was very very defensive. I asked her if she was back on the s@#t and she cursed me out and the sound of her voice was just cold and also she did call me Sunday afternoon just to tell me she was still alive, which I did not understand but with her who knows!!! I told her she needed to come home she replied that I tried to dicitate her life..I did not argue with her, i calmly told her that I loved her and if she needed me I was here. But just hearing the sound of her voice....I know...I have my answer!!:praying
Old 11-09-2007, 12:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((obsessed))

Great BIG hugs.

B
Old 11-09-2007, 03:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I know the relief of just knowing they are alive and I also know the bittersweetness of speaking to them but realizing they are not done.

For me, there was no good place with this. I wanted my son home and safe but learned that the two were not synonymous and that having an active addict at home just brought their hell into our home.

What saved me from myself and my worry was going to meetings and learning how to just trust that God already had this covered.

My prayers go out for you and your daughter, that life brings both of you more light and less darkness every day.

Hugs
Old 11-09-2007, 04:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When my son was first diagnosed and on medication, we even took him camping so we could monitor his meds and keep him safe. What a Dream!! :caveman

He was so manic...he rode his bicycle off a row of six picnic tables and did a somersault. He had his own tent and camp-site and built a roaring fire and almost fell into it. He was in his 30's when we did this. :praying would have been better.

Sounds crazy doesn't it...I think the more Lithium they put him on, the more manic he got...but was not toxic.

kelsh
Old 11-09-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Prayers for your recovery and your daughter's health. I pray she soon hits her bottom and want's out of hell.
:praying
susan
Old 11-09-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

prayers going up for u & your daugher.i am glad to are at peace just know she is alive.say a prayer for her addiction & turn her over.there is nothing u can do but worry & it is getting u nowhere. from one mom to another i understand.hugs, hope
Old 11-09-2007, 06:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DeniseH

Well, calling just to let you know she is alive - maybe that is a very small step in the right direction -
Mine is my husband, but I am almost a worry wort about my kids - no, I am. Being where you are at scares me to no end.
My prayers for your strength!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Even though I wanted to hear from my daughter I hated those calls. They left me feeling deflated and defeated. I never felt more empty than after one of those calls.
I never stopped them though, because I had to know that she was still among the living. I also thought that one day something she says to me or I say to her would set off a spark for her to want recovery. I also knew that I was the only stable thing in her life and I did not want her to lose that. Others might feel different about that but for me I couldn't make that a boundary.

Today my daughter is clean and sober and I am glad that I never cut the ties I had with her even if they were small.

Blessings on you and your daughter.........Lo
Old 11-09-2007, 09:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It is a relief to know they are still alive and for them to know that we do love them so much.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
On a tear

Sometimes I needed to hear, but then immediately needed to get off the phone.... lots and lots of short-short calls!

My sis-in-law used to accept manic/paranoid calls from her meth-addicted son at 2 or 3 in the morning while he raved on and on about her siccing the FBI or CIA on him... she hung on the phone because as long as he was talking, he was alive.

Sigh.

Short and often... and I also pray she finds her way to recovery soon.

(((hugs)))
Old 11-09-2007, 03:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I remember my daughter always telling me that I was too controlling and that I always wanted her to be perfect. Now her drugs control her and she does not have to worry about perfection. I have asked my daughter to give me a text message just so that I know she is alive. She did a couple of times but the contact always falls off. I have had to accept that she does not want or is not able to do something so small that means so much to me. Anvil once told me that when a person comes back from a wonderful vacation, they want to share the happy news. But when they are living in their self made hell, well that is a different story. My daughter is living in her self made hell and so I know that until she wants help, contact will be very minimal. It hurts, but I have found a way to let go and move on. Sending hugs and prayers your way. Marle
Old 11-09-2007, 03:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

When my oldest son was using, he also pointed out that I was "Telling him what to do, all the time" Now that he has a little bit of sober under his belt, he says, "You never call me.."

Funny how it all turns around.

Obsessed, I'm praying that day comes soon when she tells you, you don't call her often enough...

Hugs,
Old 11-09-2007, 10:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You are all the best!!! I wish you all knew how much it means to me to have your support!!
Old 11-10-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Obessed)))))))

Hi. Don't think we've met yet.
Just wanted to send hugs, support, and prayers out to you and your daughter.
I'm Linda and my (almost) 26 yo son is the addict in my life.
Long story. lol
Just wanted to welcome you and tell ya to keep comin' back.
Hugs from one mom to another,
Old 11-10-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Obsessed. I'm really new here and rarely post, but as someone still waiting for the call... I just wanted to offer my support. The last time I heard from my AD he was sober and keeping in touch daily (and I stopped posting cause everything was wonderful now. lol). It's been over a month and there is no doubt in my mind that he isn't sober now. I want the call, but I'm dreading the tone. I hate that he answers to the same name high as he does sober. The two people are so different.

Anyway, it helps me to know others are going through the same things and I hope that helps you too. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

((((Obsessed))))