Normal Words or Phrases That Make Me Cringe....

Old 11-08-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I found this thread interesting and enlightening when I read through it last night. It is not just expressions or words that set my codie radar buzzing, but places even towns. I live 25 miles from the town where my son lived, became addicted, played in a band, took drugs, lost his house, lost his job, took more drugs, lost his friends, lived with dealers, hung out with fellow junkies, pawned his possessions, lived in seedy places, and cried for help. I hate that town. I don't blame the city for my son's addiction; I just strongly connect the two.

I also cringe when I see bass guitars, pawn shops, pay day lenders, spoons, small plastic bags, rubber bands, and the list goes continues . . .
Old 11-08-2007, 08:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
I found this thread interesting and enlightening when I read through it last night. It is not just expressions or words that set my codie radar buzzing, but places even towns. I live 25 miles from the town where my son lived, became addicted, played in a band, took drugs, lost his house, lost his job, took more drugs, lost his friends, lived with dealers, hung out with fellow junkies, pawned his possessions, lived in seedy places, and cried for help. I hate that town. I don't blame the city for my son's addiction; I just strongly connect the two.

I also cringe when I see bass guitars, pawn shops, pay day lenders, spoons, small plastic bags, rubber bands, and the list goes continues . . .

I'm sitting here laughing, not at you or your hatred for the town but how I hate a pair of shorts my son always wore when I figured out he was using. Now I don't really think the kid wore these shorts 5 days a week but I see these shorts on him and I think he's high. I think I'll ask him to throw these out!!!!