SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   advice needed (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/136001-advice-needed.html)

getting there 11-02-2007 04:51 PM

advice needed

Hi all,
I need some advice. I am hoping to get a better job starting in dec. it will require a car. Right now, I am driving my really old farm truck, that takes a 1/4 tank just to get to town. I can get my deposit back from divorce lawyer($1100), but then if I want to retain her again, it's $5000! I also need firewood for the winter.

AH is nicer than ever. Should I chance it? The what ifs are getting to me.

Ours is not a simple divorce, as there is a business involved, otherwise, I would have done it myself.

Thanks in adance for any input.

hope213 11-02-2007 07:12 PM

sorry i can not offer you any advise on that. it is something i think you need to decide for yourself. which is the most important? how long will the divorce take? will you get a lump sum of money & are you getting money from the business now.those are things u need to ask yourself. i will say a prayer for you. hugs,

rahsue 11-02-2007 07:33 PM

My only advice is follow your gut. Do you think you want to chance it again because of your financial problems? I'm sorry you have make such a hard decision, I know stress first hand.
prayers to you

getting there 11-02-2007 10:02 PM

I am gonna think on over the weekend. The business is floundering. Don't think it's worth much. We are not fighting anymore, actually he's nicer to me than for the past 23 years. The BIG fight was over his student loan and the monies he had borrowed from his mom, supposedly to help with bills, but I didn't even know about this till the divorce!. He put it in the business account, and it went to online pills. He put up a fight over selling the house too. He wanted WAY more than it's worth. It's a huge fixer upper. Now that he lives in a cozy apartment, he realizes just how much work this place is. Life seems to be getting harder and harder and I can't seem to get a hold on it. Full time work is so very hard to find here. I do have money coming from the sale of a pony and my steer, but since it's not in my hands yet, I can't count on that. So, maybe I have nothing more to lose.
Sorry , this is so scattered. I am thinking out loud :e136:

rahsue 11-03-2007 07:39 AM

hey, think outloud all you want, sometimes theres good advice that could bounce back at you from yourself or someone else. Having a pony and steer makes me somewhat jealous, I love animals and always wanted to have a small farm however, living in the city makes that somewhat difficult and married to a city slicker makes it even more difficult. so dogs and cats is all I get to have. I do work at the zoo so I get my animal fix. lol
anyway, I hope your decision is the best one for you and I hope your situation even on your own improves, you sound like a wonderful person to know.

getting there 11-03-2007 11:01 AM

My dream was to have a farm. Altough it was a short dream. We bought this place as a fixer upper. And a fixer uppr it has stayed! LOL. But this spring it'll go on the market, and sell, hopefully really fast. I live on an island, and land is getting pretty scarce. I just have to make it till spring. I have till them to sell 3 more ponies and find homes for 2 gigantisaurous dogs!!! Anyone want a part newfie, part golden retriever? They make great couches! LOL

Thanks for the ears!