i hope this works...beautiful

Old 11-01-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i hope this works...beautiful

A beautiful story. I hope U can sleep while the wind blows?

Can You Sleep While the Wind Blows?

Years ago, a farmer owned land along the Atlantic seacoast. He constantly advertised for hired hands. Most people were reluctant to work on farms along the Atlantic. They dreaded the awful storms that raged across the Atlantic, wreaking havoc on the buildings and crops.

As the farmer interviewed applicants for the job, he received a steady stream of refusals.

Finally, a short, thin man, well past middle age, approached the farmer. "Are you a good farm hand?" the farmer asked him. "Well, I can sleep when the wind blows," answered the little man. Although puzzled by this answer, the farmer, desperate for help, hired him.

The little man worked well around the farm, busy from dawn to dusk, and the farmer felt satisfied with the man's work.

Then, one night the wind howled loudly in from offshore. Jumping out of bed, the farmer grabbed a lantern and rushed next door to the hired hand's sleeping quarters. He shook the little man and yelled, "Get up! A storm is coming! Tie things down before they blow away!" The little man rolled over in bed and said firmly, "No sir. I told you, I can sleep when the wind blows."

Enraged by the response, the farmer was tempted to fire him on the spot. Instead, he hurried outside to prepare for the storm. To his amazement, he discovered that all of the haystacks had been covered with tarpaulins. The cows were in the barn, the chickens were in the coops, and the doors were barred. The shutters were tightly secured. Everything was tied down. Nothing could blow away. The farmer then understood what his hired hand meant, so he returned to his bed, to also sleep while the wind blew!

When you're prepared, spiritually, mentally, and physically, you have nothing to fear. Can you sleep when the wind blows through your life?

The hired hand in the story was able to sleep because he had secured the farm against the storm!

We secure ourselves against the storms of life by grounding ourselves in the Word of God. We don't need to understand, we just need to hold His hand to have peace in the middle of storms.

May God bless you and your's!

Last edited by Ann; 11-02-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yeah, Hope, we got it up and running.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you ann... the reason i love this so much is because it is like our recovery, if we are ready for what life brings our way spritually, mentally, & physically we can live life on lifes terms. we can turn our loved ones over to our H.P. i have learned to sleep while the wind blows.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Me too, Hope. I can't remember the last time I took my troubles to bed with me, I know I did that for a long time, I just can't remember when I stopped doing it.

What I do know is that today I turn my troubles over to God and ask him to show me a better path. The funny thing is, He always does.

My bedroom overlooks the water and I love listening to the wind in the trees at night. Next time I hear it I will say a little prayer of gratitude knowing that the wind is God taking care of business.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece.

Hugs
Old 11-02-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Hope (and Ann) -

I have read this before, but it's one of those things that I need to be reminded of.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-03-2007, 04:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
suffering is not a requirement

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hope213 View Post
thank you ann... the reason i love this so much is because it is like our recovery, if we are ready for what life brings our way spritually, mentally, & physically we can live life on lifes terms. we can turn our loved ones over to our H.P. i have learned to sleep while the wind blows.

((((HOPE)))

It's so true!

I suppose it's no coincidence that I just happened to read this because lately(like just this am, for instance) I just happen to be having trouble sleeping.

I have no problem turning my loved ones over to my HP...but when it come to turning 'Me' and my problems over....well..things around here start looking like scenes from the Wizard of OZ.

HMMMMMMMM.

Thanks for the reminder,
HUGE HUGS,
Iamunique