This Time..... Just Last Year......

Old 10-30-2007, 01:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Smile This Time..... Just Last Year......

I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by!! So much has happened......and I realize just how quickly life can change in an instant.

Exactly in about 3 hours from now it'll be a year my exabf broke down my door in a crack induced rage to come after me. I had already called the police on him the night before for coming over and destroying my property and making endless phone threats. Fortunately for me my daughter and her boyfriend had stayed with me that night and were there to greet him with a nice nine iron so he never did get to me.

However, for those of you who were around at that time you'll remember that's the day he stole my dog and took her with him to Mississippi......taunting me with her the entire time. I was devastated. My dog is like one of my children to me.

I was such a basket case and so many wonderful members here stayed with me on line through pretty much the whole ordeal. I'm forever grateful. It helped me through one of the roughest times I'd ever gone through with that maniac.

The following day was Halloween and I spent it with a police officer at my house, porch lights off and all. There was a cop on every corner in my subdivision. They were looking for him.

Something a little funny happened though. You'd think with the porch lights off it would keep the kids from coming to your door. Well..........there was a loud knock at my door....no one yelled trick or treat or anything.

The officer drew his gun and told me to answer it. We were thinking it was my ex. Just as I opened the door the cop jumped in front of me, gun drawn and there stood this kid with his bag of candy held out!! I knew him from the neighborhood so I suppose that's why he still came over. But........poor thing........dropped his bag of candy along with the fact his mouth hit the porch floor and I felt sooooooooooo bad I gave him my entire stock of candy plus $10 I think.

Anyhow..........Long story short (yea right) I got my dog back eventually, but I just can't believe it's been a year already! My exabf still bugged the heck out of me and that's when I ended up having to leave state. It wasn't until I left state that I could FINALLY have him arrested!! Time flies when you're having fun. (J/K)

I'm still working on my recovery everyday. Seems new challenges are always being met. The latest have been some real doozies too, but the one thing through it all is the faith I had lost in myself has been restored and I'm dealing with each issue as they come........some better than others of course.

I apologize for not being around F&F much lately. Just dealing with the issues at hand have been difficult enough and I just don't have much to offer. I find everything I have to say doesn't come out right when I'm having one of those days and I seem to have a lot of them lately.

There's one thing that remains constant........my grandson. If I'm having the worst day ever all I have to do is go over and see him. Gosh he's getting so big.....and smart!! I haven't posted any pictures here in a while so allow me to bombard you with a few LOL.

This is little man in his new John Deere boots LOL

My daughter, me and little man at the restaurant's Halloween party

And last but not least.........My little pumpkin!!

Now tell me that little face wouldn't light up the darkest day!

I still thank God every day for leading me here to SR and even more for the friendships I've developed over the time I've been here. I've learned so much.
Love and Hugs to you all and know you're always in my prayers.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Loves, you really have come so far this past year and I am grateful that you have shared your recovery and your growth with us.

And your little grandson is the cutest pumpkin ever, what a sweetie!!! I love all our little SR babies, but I think your little fella wins my heart with his eyes and smile every time I look at him. Send him big squishy hugs from his Auntie Ann.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kris,
You have come a long way girl!!!! I'm so happy for your recovery, I know it isn't over yet, and may never be, but you are working on you.
You are so right to say all you need to do is look at that pumpkin to put a smile on your face, at least something really good happened to you this year. I just want to come there and give him a big hug, and lots of kisses.
You are a true friend to me and I want things to go good for you,
Hugs coming to you
Old 10-30-2007, 04:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I will never be able to thank you enough for all the kind words of wisdom you have given to me. I will be forever grateful for coming to SR to begin with but the gals that have listened to me go on & on and have been so patient with me mean everything to me.

I think you're grandson is a cutie too and is the next cutest thing since MY grandson....

I'm proud to call you my friend and am very grateful that things are looking so well for you and in your life.

Big hugs
Old 10-30-2007, 04:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by happysoul View Post
Funny how when we talk about something taking a year it seems like it will be forever, but when we look back it seems like yesterday!

So glad to be sharing this journey with you, my friend!

We've come a long way, baby!!!
AMEN to that!!!!

Loves, since I found SR last November (yep-almost a year ago) you have been a true source of comfort and support; one of my earliest memories of this place was a thread that I believe you started-'Famous Last Words'. I honestly had no idea until I read everyone's comments that my ex was just doing what addicts do and saying what addicts say. I thought I was all alone in the madness. You shined a light into my darkness, my friend!!!

Love you!! Hug that little pumpkin once for auntie jen!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I came back here after a four year Hiatus and your dog drama was when I realized how dangerous drug users really are.

It has been quite a year.

and yes.. that boy would melt the heart of anyone!

Best to count our blessings than our sorrows and you have shown us all that.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

u have been here for us all & i thank you for that.it is one day at a time with the issues you are dealing with.we r here if u need us.give that sweet little baby a hugs for me.((((loves))))
Old 10-30-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kris, you know I love ya. Wyatt is adorable and you are beautiful inside and out. You are an inspiration to me and you have been a great friend. If I never get anything else out of my husbands addiction, I can always say that I have made some great friends because of it. You are one of them. ((((Kris))))
Old 10-30-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Oh loves, thanks for posting those pics.
Sure put a smile on my face this morning.

Isn't he just adorable in that little outfit!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I'll tell you all something I just told the girls over in the Pennies thread. I sure have been hugging that dog of mine A LOT today. I'm so grateful my ex's dad convinced him to bring her back to me.

He left such a path of distruction behind him with me. I always said that if he ever got clean and stayed clean we'd try it again. Now that he is almost a year clean.......I really don't want to try it again. I'm done with it.

I pray for his happiness and his sobriety, and even though I've forgiven him for all the things he did in that time I'm still left with the memories of what I went through. They're enough to keep me trudging ahead rather than looking back.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

6 Loves I never knew your story until just now, it is errie just how much we have in common right now I am so grateful he didn't get to you....wish I had had ppl around me like you.....it will be 2 years on November 11th..........that was the last time he ever put his hands on me........stabbed me 9 times broke my hips and pelvic bones.........but you know what I am pis*ed about is the lack of police support....oh well I am alive and kicking now and feeling great I love that baby he is a cutie!!!!!!!

I cannot wait until the baby is born in April!!!!! Please come back around more because I think I can learn new things from you!!!!! I know I already have.....resilence!:ghug3
Old 10-30-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

kris,

great pics - such a good looking bunch - i remember when the f & f crashed and the *substance abusers* joined with the *alcoholics* - that's when i first started reading and catching up with you and teke and cinderella - we've all come pretty far from then and that wasn't too long ago and then it's been a year since all that drama - wow - i may not post very often these days but now that school's started, football season is over (for my lil guy at least) and the weather is getting colder in the midwest, i'll check in more often - i'm not really just a stalker - i swear ...

have a good one and congrats on all you've done for yourself and those around you in the past year...

with love,
sue

great pics -
Old 10-30-2007, 01:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Loves))

Lots of love going your way. It's been a pleasure walking this path with you, my how you've grown. This next year only gets better, I promise you that.

Hugs
B
Old 10-30-2007, 01:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Kris, Loved the pictures. You are all so darling. Prayers that you continue in your recovery and that the days ahead will pass gently for you. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-30-2007, 03:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I remember him stealing your dog...I was ready to drive down there and beat him up!
LOL..I'm only 5'2" and weigh in about 125 lbs. But I was ready, with my crowbar and pepper spray!!!! LOL
My motto is don't mess with people's pets...dogs, cats, whatever! They are family to us!
Your grandson is totally beautiful, as are you!
Love, B
Old 10-30-2007, 06:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Loves,
Grand children are the greatest blessing one can have. No scolding, no potty training, etc, etc.....just lots of juice boxes and cookies!! I have six in all , 9 years and under. I'll admit that when they all come here at once it gets totally out of control and Gram gets cranky, but I would be lost without them.
Hope things work out for you, I'm sure you will make that happen!! And by the way, I have missed you and your heartfelt posts...try to stop by more often, ok?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Oh Loves, I remember everything you went through a year ago so well... so vividly. I also remember before you went through all of that how you would come here and Never to and post those threads that just went on and on. I was so intimidated to join in... I would be one of the lurkers... but I also envied how you would always make a joke and a laugh. God how I wanted to be like that in the mist of a crisis. I am so glad for our little Penny's thread... because of that thread I have become friends with such a wonderful person and who has taught me so much. Be proud of how far you have come and I know I am of you. You already know that I think Wyatt is just a adorable little man!!!

Hugs,
Jewelz
Old 10-30-2007, 07:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

Well I know I've been glad you are here! :day4
And i am a little jealous of that Grandbaby.
Cathy
Old 10-30-2007, 08:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's sure been quite a year for you Kris but through it all, the good and not so good, you have maintained your Kris-ness...and that is a very good thing! I know your compassion and sense of humor and sincerity help so many here through dark times. I'm so glad you and Roxie were reunited and you have decided to keep looking ahead, not behind. Your little grandson is so precious...wow he is growing...what an angel. You are all so beautiful inside an dout. Hugs
Old 10-31-2007, 08:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Kris,

Your growth shows in leaps and bounds, I wanna be you when I grow up, LOL!
Sending you love and hugs, you've come a long way baby, and it shows!