He's in rehab! whew!

Old 10-28-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

He's in rehab! whew!

Well, I get a call from joeys boss at work telling me that joey is being taken to the clinic for a drug test but that he admitted to being high on heroin, which is good that he admitted it because if he didn't and he tested positive he would have been fired. anyway, I have been suspected of course and trying to detach but when this guy called I thought, "finally someone stepped in front of me". anywho he has a 30 day suspension and they put him in detox/rehab for at least 30 days. Mr. Rahsue and I have decided to tell him for his own good he will need to find a halfway house or the likes.

I have such emotions going on including happiness that at least for 30 days I can sleep without my handbag being up my butt!!!

and of course my older son has to say, I told you. SO FU----- WHAT, YOU TOLD ME, AND I TOLD YOU WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO.

that was my only melt down. which is a big deal

thats my update.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

((((Rahsue))))
That is good news. Rehab!
Thank goodness. I sure can understand your mixed emotions.

Hopefully this will lead him on his path to recovery...

Much hugs,
Old 10-28-2007, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so glad that at least for the next 30 days you will get a break. Maybe a halfway house is the best option for him. Sending hugs and prayer, Marle
Old 10-28-2007, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

My son is in a half way house too. He just went in last monday. You see, he got out of work release a couple months ago and was staying with me. I was adamant about him finding a place of his own. I can not continue to take care of a grown man who refuses to take care of himself.
He's actually doing good. We'll see how long it lasts.

I do know the feeling of having to watch your purse. I get sick and tired of not being able to "live" in my own home with out theives and drug addicts.
No more though. I have had my fill.
Im glad your son is in this place. He's got to stay clean now. Perhaps his head will clear and he can think better.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good news!
I'm also glad that someone else stepped in front of you to do the dirty work. At least for the next 30 days you will have more peace in your home. I know the feeling also.
Take some time for you and Mr Rashue.
Hugs
Old 10-28-2007, 04:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sending prayers for your son and for all of you. Active or in recovery, addiction is still a family disease.

I'm glad you can all breathe a little easier now.

Hugs
Old 10-28-2007, 04:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am glad that you can get some rest, without worrying about what will happen next. At least you only had one melt down. That is a good sign that your recovery is working. Take the next 30 days and relax and live your life, you know he is safe for now. I think it is good that you are going to tell him he needs to go to halfway house, you are really working on YOU!!! Hopefully things will keep working for you.
Hugs from another mom
Old 10-28-2007, 04:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i hope he will get clean & stay clean. miracles happen. enjot the peace & sweet dreams.prayers for your son & you & your family. hugs,
Old 10-28-2007, 05:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Rahsue,
Well, like you said someone stepped in front of you. I'm so glad that it happened that way and you didn't have to deal with the situation. Your older son is feeling the effects of his brother's addiction. It is so sad what the siblings have to go through. It bings the whole family down.

Well, he is on his way to a chance of recovery. Things will fall into place because now he will have the rescources at his fingertips.

Enjoy your rest for this time. You know he is safe and you are away from the chaos.

Hugs..........Lo
Old 10-28-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Rahsue, I always say that my job as Mom-in-chief is done. The employers, legal system, gal pals, health, etc are my son's teachers now. They say addicts have to learn the hard way. Sounds like your son is just where he needs to be and you didn't have to do anything or pay through the nose to get him there. YEA!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I sure do thank you guys for all your guidance and support. I hope I can someday pay it forward.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Rashue -

I'm understand the mixed emotions, but am so glad you get a break from the chaos. The fact that you told him he needs to find another place to go after rehab, shows how far you have come already!

I hope you take this time to really focus on YOU, because you deserve it.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-29-2007, 05:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi,
I'm glad he is safe, and you can rest! Prayerfully this will be the first 30 of many. A halfway house has my vote, coming home only sets them up for failure! I can say that after 3 times and she is doing well where she is!
Prayers for you and your son,
susan:praying