Language of Letting Go - October 26

Old 10-26-2007, 02:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - October 26

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Clarity

I know better than to not trust God., But sometimes, I forget that.

When we are in the midst of an experience, it is easy to forget that there is a Plan. Sometimes, all we can see is today.

If we were to watch only two minutes of the middle of a television program, it would make little sense. It would be a disconnected event.

If we were to watch a weaver sewing a tapestry for only a few moments, and focused on only a small piece of the work, it would not look beautiful. It would look like a few peculiar threads randomly placed.

How often we use that same, limited perspective to look at our life - especially when we are going through a difficult time.

We can learn to have perspective when we are going through those confusing, difficult learning times. When we are being pelted by events that make us feel, think, and question, we are in the midst of learning something important.

We can trust that something valuable is being worked out in us - even when things are difficult, even when we cannot get our bearings. Insight and clarity do not come until we have mastered our lesson.

Faith is like a muscle. It must be exercised to grow strong. Repeated experiences of having to trust what we can't see and repeated experiences of learning to trust that things will work out are what makes our faith muscles grow strong.

Today, I will trust that the events in my life are not random. My experiences are not a mistake. The Universe, my Higher Power, and life are not picking on me. I am going through what I need to go through to learn something valuable, something that will prepare me for the joy and love I am seeking.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today, I will trust that the events in my life are not random. My experiences are not a mistake. The Universe, my Higher Power, and life are not picking on me. I am going through what I need to go through to learn something valuable, something that will prepare me for the joy and love I am seeking.
What a relief it was when I began to see (in hindsight) that there was a reason for things that happened in my life. Simply put, I had to go through the pain and chaos that life handed me in order to arrive at the good place of peace that I am in today.

I have learned that when there is an obstacle on my path, I am being led to something better. I have learned that even the darkest day has a strangely wrapped gift in there somewhere, that will only be revealed with the day is done.

My life is not random and God doesn't make mistakes. Knowing that, I can trust that I am being led to where I am supposed to be, and all is exactly as it should be.

Hugs
Old 10-26-2007, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Unhappy God is here

Enjoyed this very much...made me think of something i tell my kids. might of posted it before but, hey its worth another posting

GOD answers all prayers
~sometimes He says NO
~sometimes He says YES
~and sometimes He says Not Right Now

Its those not right now answers that we all have a problem with but we must keep our faith. I have been telling this to my childred since they were 9yrs 4yrs and 2yrs. I still tell them the same thing. They are 32yrs 27yrs and 25yrs. My oldest has a 6yrs old and 18month old. I recently heard her pass it on to her boys. i just smiled and felt a tuck in my heart.....you see we are still waiting for some of those "Not right now"dustie
Old 10-26-2007, 05:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have trouble with those "Not Right Now" answers too. Seems I keep repeating the lesson of patience and maybe one day soon I will get the hang of it.

I love what you posted and you can be sure I will be passing it on.

Hugs