My therapy---walking!

Old 10-24-2007, 05:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krhea75

My therapy---walking!

The fall weather has finally hit here in Illinois, and I have been walking as often as I can fit it in. I come home at night after a long day of work to an empty house and feel that lull. No one needs me, so I kick my butt out the door and walk. The leaves are so beautiful right now, some even having 3 or 4 colors. I always feel better when I get back from my walk. I am struggling a bit with loneliness. My son hasn't lived here for 3 months this time. I don't miss his chaos or his drama. But i do miss him. So I walk. It's cheaper than a counselor and I'm trying to get healthier. I really do try not to feel sorry for myself, but there are moments when it just washes over me...the sadness.
I am so thankful that I can come here and you all understand. I am so thankful for my friends and family. And my God. I just feel a little blue.
krhea
Old 10-24-2007, 05:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And I just finished a nice warm bubble bath....

funny how we all seem to gravitate to the same restful activities....

I know how you feel Krhea....I miss my son too.....

here's a (((hug))) from mom to mom
Old 10-24-2007, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

you stated my feelings perfectly!
My son has been gone 3 months also. I don't miss the drama neither, but I do miss his good company!
Exercising helps me with just about everything!
I am jealous of the Fall leaves. Those are few and far-between around here! We don't have much of a Fall season and I love Fall, so enjoy it for me!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

krhea,
Lonliness is a very difficult thing, my ah left 4 years ago, and this is the first time I have ever been alone. You're definately on the right track, walking is a great thing to do! I tried using a kayak this year, have had one for 6 or 7 years, finally got the guts and I just love it!!
The sadness is awful, I usually try to shake it off by baking something and giving it away to my family. I think keeping busy is best, but I also realize that sometimes gets very tiring. If you ever need someone to talk to, please pm me.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I take nightly walks with my husband and our five dogs. I actually get upset when it rains and I don't get to walk. Not sure what will happen when the winter weather hits. Might have to get a treadmill. Glad that you found something to take help you feel better. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-24-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

krhea,
Excerise does help. I go line dancing and it is good for the body and the mind. You have to focus....a lot of steps to remember. The music heals my soul.
I'm feeling a little blue tonight also. My daughter has a hearing in the morning. It is the same one that was continued since Sept. She is doing so well since the jail incident in June. I don't know what will happen tomorrow, but I do know that I am not in control. I could use a little prayer for her and me tonight if you don't mind.

Thank you..........Hugs, Lo
Old 10-24-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Gosh, I sure wish you all lived a bit closer, I love to walk.

Wouldn't it be fun to all meet tomorrow
at 10 a.m. and just walk for an hour or so?

The colors in the leaves here are gorgeous right now,
but they're slowly getting blown away.....
Old 10-24-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

walking is good for you & good therapy too.i love the turning of the leaves & cooler weather but i do not like the cold winter months. i have been trying to ride my bike a little here & there.it is hard to fit in with my new schedule.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

walking is a miracle

I do the same since I gave my opiate addicted H a boot out the door two weeks ago. It has allowed me to clear my head, think about things that I'd go crazy thinking about if I was still. I plan to do it right through the bitter cold in the NE, and won't let myself wallow on a couch in the fetal position, altho sometimes that sounds pretty good...lol.
Keep walking and healing
Old 10-27-2007, 03:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I walk every day at my lunch break at work, hike on weekends and run 3 or 4 times a week...I've definitely increased my exercise as part of my recovery and find the boost to the endorphins can almost always turn sadness to serenity. Nice that it is not only peaceful but so good for us!

I hope you feel less blue today...I miss my daughter's company every day. Memories of the time we shared are comforting.