trying to help my ex get home

Old 10-25-2007, 01:55 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We understand, sweetie, really we do and we know how much it hurts.

My son has been missing for 3 years and I get through my days by saying a prayer for him every morning asking God to take care of him, then I spend the rest of my day trusting that He will and I live my life the way life was intended to be lived, with gratitude and love and enjoying the beauty each day brings.

I sat in a dark place for a long time, living with the fear that my son might die, and then I finally came to accept that I do not have the power over life or death and that I could live my life in sadness and pain as a victim, or I could work my program and find a way to live it happy and free, as a survivor. I chose the latter.

Prayers going out for you and your baby, that you find peace and love and a better way to live with healing and time.

Hugs
Old 10-25-2007, 03:00 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers continue as you move forward into peace.

You are making a wise choice
and I'm really proud of you.

Hugs
Old 10-25-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

i have receaved information about my ex, he had a dispute with some drug deallers and they beat him up and robbed him, no i have checked all the hostpital and hes not there. all 5.
i know there is someone in edmonton on here, has anyone heard about something on the news maybe or a scanner that matches that stor in any ways?
could you please get back to me?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I know you're worried about him, but all the worry in the world won't change a thing.

Unfortunately, this happens a lot. My XABF was beat up by 7 guys 'cause he'd stolen dope from them. 10 minutes later, he was smoking crack. Another guy got hit over the head with a brick, was knocked unconscious, when he came to, the first thing he asked for was crack. I was beaten up 3 times and I went right back to the 'hood and continued smoking crack.

Please at least TRY to focus on you and your child, and stop worrying about him. Take a deep breath and remind yourself that you didn't Cause this situation, you can't Change it, and you can't Cure it (the 3 C's). Like I posted earlier, you may think you can change it by getting him out of there, but if he isn't ready to leave, he will go right back.

You and your child deserve a life without all this chaos. And trust me, no matter how young a child is, they will pick up when a parent is stressed.

Sending you extra hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-25-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I am sorry he got beat up by the dealers and thugs. A lot of times this stuff never makes the news... it is just so common.

I know you are worried for him and I pray that this will be what it takes for him to hit bottom and WANT recovery. Gosh I hope that for him and for you and your baby.

I think it is wise to not pursue him. Your love won't stop him and his addiction and feeding it are his #1 priorities, no matter how much you care or love him and no matter how much his baby needs him.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:34 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm glad he's safe. Just a word of advice....pay attentiont to his ACTIONS when he gets out, not his WORDS. Every time my XABF was in jail, he told me how things were going to get better when he got out, and every time he went back to crack.

I'm NOT saying this will happen with him. I got clean after being locked up. I got a job, stayed away from using friends, and stuck close to people who would support me and NOT enable me. I agree with Hope - set the boundaries you can stick with. I wish the best for the 3 of you.

Hugs and prayers!!

Amy