Update on step-sister

Old 10-21-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on step-sister

Hi everyone!

I wrote here a few weeks ago about my step-sister, T, going into treatment for Klonopin addiction.

Initially, the hospital was not going to admit her because they said she had already gone through most of the withdrawals on her own (with their advice on tapering). She insisted, and they were going to admit her for 3 days, but she stayed 7 days because she was really sick.

I hadn't heard from her in the week she's been home, and was trying to give her space and time to spend with hubby and the kids. She just called and sounds so much better (she was pretty out of it when I saw her). She is on a very low dose of Ativan and is not abusing it (used to take it years ago and would function, but not remember anything so she is scared of it). I don't know about meetings, but she is still in aftercare and random drug screens.

I'm going to see her and the kids on one of my days off this week, so will find out more. She has always been so supportive of me and won't let me beat myself up for my addiction, so it's time to return that love and support! I'm so very grateful, today, that I'm clean and able to use what I've learned to help someone I love dearly.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-21-2007, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Ahh, that's a great story! I'm so glad to hear she is doing better! It's great to hear that she insisted they admit her and that she stayed longer. Proves we know ourselves better than we think we do! And we can do what we set our mind to do.

(((....)))
Old 10-21-2007, 04:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i am glad she is doing so well. the two of you supporting each other how lucky you are. keep posting on how things are going.prayers,
Old 10-21-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like she is really working on this...I know she must be so glad to have your love and support. You are a wonderful sis!!
Old 10-21-2007, 09:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I love when I hear about families supporting each othe during this time of addiction. Sometimes I think when they know they have support they do better. You are a good sister. I'm glad she is coming along nicely.

Hugs.......Lo