The benefits to being clean

Old 10-18-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

The benefits to being clean

Yesterday I went on a job interview .. I took the bus there, did the interview and the lady asked if I had the time to do a second interview after we were finished .. so I went on and did the second interview .. (I was told in the first interview that if the second interview ended in a drug test) that it meant that I was being offered a job IF my criminal background check and drug test came back favorable. They tested right then and there for drugs

It felt GREAT to be clean and be able to take the test fully knowing that I had worked hard for a time like this

The pay isn't all that great $8.45 an hour, but a job is a job is a job ... and we've been living on one income for quiet a while so it will help.

In case you are wondering what kind of job .. I will be working as a cashier at Fred Meyers Grocery Store in the evenings after my husband comes home from work .. ( that way Dakota and the other kids will be taken care by dad ) and I can rest assured that no one is abusing my kids and they've got the next best thing to mom - DAD .. plus the teens can help out too. I'm sure gonna miss being there at night to bath my babies and brush their teeth, put them to bed and snuggle with them until they are fast asleep (plus I will have to miss out on holidays for a while too). Missing out to go to work is a hell of a lot then missing out by being strung out on dope plus I figure it will be a couple years of sacrifice and then I can go on days while they are in school.

I will have to go to cashiers training for (can't remember if she said one or two weeks) for 5 hours an evening and that won't start for another two weeks

Any how .. Just thought I'd share that I am proud to be clean and sober -
it is a special gift I've given to myself - RECOVERY

Passion
Grateful Recovering Addict
Old 10-18-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jerzy007

Thats phenomenal, Best wishes ny. Is there anyway that you can tighten your budget so you would not have to work and could stay at home and continue those wonderful things you described with your family?
Old 10-18-2007, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Jerzy .. There isn't a way ESPECIALLY after a motorcycle accident in aug of 2006 and with my 3 yr old daughter being diagnosed with a wilms tumor = kidney cancer in March of this year .. the rent, bills and the cost of living in general plus the medical bills won't allow. I tried to find online jobs that I could do from home, but ran into a lot of scams or pay for materials first jobs .. I would give my right arm and left leg to be able to stay home with my babies and raise them myself, but financially I just can't

My poor hubby has been carrying the load and I see him breaking down, disheartened and his spirit being burdened down.

If there was a way I would stay home ... ANY ONE WANNA HIRE ME to work from home? - I'm accepting job offers - LOL

****{Hugs}}}
Passion
Old 10-18-2007, 02:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jerzy007

((((passion)))) Personally, i dont pay any medical or other bills right now and survive with the basics, eat, sleep, toilet paper.. but i sympathize for what your going through and im sorry to here about your daughter..i said a special prayer for her..Well, have you tried to rely on the gment for medicaid or any other benefits that millions of people take advantage of who arent in as serious a situation that you are in, milk them with their screwed up healthcare system if you can!! Much luv
Old 10-18-2007, 02:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jerzy,

We don't qualify for any assistance ... Thank the Lord my husband has good benefits (bluecross/blueshield), but we still pay a percentage.

Thanks for the prayers for my little one .. they are so appreciated.

Passion
Old 10-18-2007, 02:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

(((Passion)))
What a great story of recovery. I'm soooo glad for you. Prayers cont for your sweet daughter. I know with your great personality, once you start that job...it won't be long before you are climbing that ladder and making more money. And even if you stay right there, they will be lucky to have you!!!
HUGS!!!
NSW
Old 10-18-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nyte, I just cant describe how wonderful you are. Good for you. I hate that you will have to miss that time with your family though.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

nyte,
Thank you for sharing your success story with us. It's so wonderful to see that some people can recover from addiction. I think you are a very brave woman who has certainly had her share of what life has to offer. I continue to pray for your Dakota, so glad she is doing well.
And Nyte, I did stay home with my kids, only doing things I could do with them, like automobile paper routes, babysitting, etc. I only had a few very part time jobs, and that was when they were teens. Now, at almost 54, I have no job skills, and absentee ah has just lost his business. He has still sent his check the 4 years he has been gone, but bankrupted a successful business in the meantime. So, no clue what lies ahead. Don't know if that will make you feel any better, but all I know is this world has changed a he** of a lot since 1970, when I got married.
My daughter has managed to stay home for a couple of extra years by selling things on ebay, mostly kids clothes. I guess if you are willing to put in the time it can be done. Just a thought.
God bless nyte, you're doing great!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I admire you, and I'm proud to call you friend. Many more doors will open!

I wonder, with your baby being ill, there are programs to help w/ her medical expenses and wonder if she could qualify for them? A social worker at her hospital should know. Plus, there are all sorts of grants from money bags people that help w//kids medical bills.

susan
Old 10-18-2007, 07:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Passion,
I'm proud of you.
If you could see yourself through my eyes, I see:
A good, loving, hard working, woman working a program of honesty.

I'm thinking after all the hardships you and your hubby have been through, good things are coming your way....

Hugs to you, and your family...
Continued prayers for you all....
Old 10-18-2007, 08:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

******{passion}}}}}

I keep hoping you might send some of your material to people who pay for writers. You might get off to a slow start but, it can be built up as your name gets out there...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Passion))))

Just thought I'd share that I am proud to be clean and sober -
it is a special gift I've given to myself - RECOVERY

You should be very, very proud. Congratulations. I sure wish I could hire you to work from your home...It really is sad how many scams are out there to try to take advantage of people like you who want so much to be with their kids while working.

Hugs and prayers for you and your whole family
Old 10-18-2007, 09:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

YOU GO GIRL !

Things work out just the way they are supposed to

Cats
Old 10-19-2007, 12:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey passion, I don't remember what your drug of choice was.. but i know that I LOVE being able to have the same lighter for 4 months in a row!!!

Some of y'all will know what I mean...

Yr doin great gurl!!!

Much love, Lisa
Old 10-19-2007, 09:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

wow that is so awesome! Good for you!!!

I would think with all your web experience and web pages, you
should be able to make some money from that? no?

Or if you wanted to go to school instead you would probably
qualify for grants, and you could do that instead, there's so
much free money out there for school.

You'd be a great counselor.

But irregardless good for you! Being clean ROCKS!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm standing in the "proud of you" lineup here because you never cease to amaze me with your courage, strength and hope.

These people don't know how lucky they are to be getting a wonderful person like you.

Sending prayers for many blessings heading your way.

Hugs
Old 10-19-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

(((Passion)))

I, too, am in the "proud of you" lineup. I agree with Splendra, too. If are ever able to publish your writings, I want to be first to reserve a copy!

I know all about the drug test feeling. It feels pretty good that I could even pass a hair follicle drug test now, 'cause I've got MONTHS clean, not just days.

Hugs and prayers!!

Amy