SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   I just got back from my first naanon meeting (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/134891-i-just-got-back-my-first-naanon-meeting.html)

rahsue 10-16-2007 05:52 PM

I just got back from my first naanon meeting

Are all you smart guys on here a chairperson for naranon?!LOL I just got back from my first meeting. (thought I'd better get there after all the people here told me I would benefit from it) Well I was very nervous because I know that I would have expectations that would not be fulfilled.(answers for solutions) so that's why I put it off so long. It was like being on SR in person. I will be going back.

Thanks for everything you guys do for me.:Val004:

nytepassion 10-16-2007 05:58 PM

^5 Way to go! Awesome place to get recovery tools and even make some new friends

Proud of ya
Passion

Spiritual Seeker 10-16-2007 06:00 PM

It works if your work it...more than just a corny phrase. The 12 steps can give you a whole new way to live your life. I like your input too. We are in this together.

cece 10-16-2007 06:09 PM

Yay!
Glad you went. It is pretty amazing to find a place where you fit. I know i needed that. And working the program is so good for me. I hope you get as much out of it as i have!
Cathy

Wascally Wabbit 10-16-2007 06:26 PM

way to go rasue!! The more you go, the more you get out of it. There are folks there who are in all stages of their recovery. That's the beauty of it.

hope213 10-16-2007 06:50 PM

go girl,it works if u work it...

greeteachday 10-16-2007 08:35 PM

It was like being on SR in person. I will be going back
So true! I'm very happy for you..you gave yourself a terrific gift tonight! Yippee

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...1cartwheel.gif

Ann 10-17-2007 03:21 AM

Live meetings and learning to work the 12 steps saved my life, literally, and continues to ensure that I live life well today.

I am one of those who speak of meetings often, but the thing is that it is the only way I know to get well. Many here get well without meetings, maybe because they cannot attend for various reasons, and I don't pretend that meetings are the only way to do this. But I have never known anyone who attended meetings regularly that did not find a better path for themselves and learn to live a happier life....regardless of how their addict was doing.

Good for you for going, it is a wonderful gift to give yourself.

Hugs

Impurrfect 10-17-2007 04:26 AM

Way to go Rashue!!!!!

I'm so glad you're doing something for YOU 'cause you deserve it!! Do you realize how much progress you've made so far?!

I've had a rough night....thanks for making my day!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Jwife22 10-17-2007 05:50 AM

Way to go!!!!!!

caileesnana 10-17-2007 06:14 AM

:You_Rock_

Glad you went and enjoyed it,it does make a difference!!! :Dance7:

susan

BigSis 10-17-2007 07:00 AM

((((rahsue))))) So glad you went, and especially glad you will be going again. Those meetings are awesome!

BrokenBridges24 10-17-2007 07:14 AM

CONGRATS!! GLAD YOU WENT!!!

:ghug

Serenity Bound 10-17-2007 09:26 AM

EXCELLENT!!!!!! Consider that as your FIRST step toward YOUR serenity.

Lobo 10-17-2007 10:05 AM

I hope to attend my first al-anon meeting on Friday night. I went to two different naranon meetings and I felt uncomfortable. I'll let you know. I am balancing two things on Friday so not sure if I am going to make it or not. If not this Friday then the next.

I'm glad you got out of it what you needed.

sheisanaddict 10-17-2007 02:58 PM

Great news. I attended my forst meeting two weeks ago, have been back to the second and will keep going.
The uplifting feeling I get keeps me going through the week:ghug

mooselips 10-17-2007 06:15 PM

You go girl!

Glad to hear you'll be going back!