SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Where do addicts go? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/134706-where-do-addicts-go.html)

crrogers22 10-14-2007 11:10 AM

Where do addicts go?

I am curious, I have a friend who is addicted to IV cocaine. He sometimes disappears for one day, other times for a week. He doesn't answer his phone, call anyone, etc. What are they doing all this time?

nytepassion 10-14-2007 12:10 PM

Well sometimes they end up over at the dealers house playing yatzee all night .. and putting on high-heels, running around the pool saying ..chubba chubba repeatedly. How do I know this? Well because I used to be the person whose house a few select would come over and hang out playing yatzee or poker .. doin' dope all night long for day on in ... We used to make the loser do things like the above. (picture a man tryin to run around in high-heels around the pool at 2:30/3 in the morning) and I wonder why someone would drop a dime on us LMAO

When you use stimulants your brain is on overdrive .. and you have to keep going... you find things to focus on ..

I also know that a lot of guys just hang out in other guys garages tinkering with project .. using dope with other addicts (birds of a feather) and their addict women would be in the house talking about how if he would only do this or that .. then they'd be happy. Been there done that toooooo.

We use to get high and go to bars, after hour clubs and party houses afterwards. Time just slips away when your getting high .. and there are all kinds of things to do. When bindging the last thing you want is to be found or answer phone calls cause the addict is aware they are MIA and they know that loved ones are callin' to find them ... (they don't want to be found) nor hear the complaints of a wife/husband about them not being home. They are pigging out on dope .. stuffing themselves full of drugs ... "feeding the addiction" and hangin' out blabbing with others that are doin' the same thing. And when the dope runs out and the money is gone .. they'll come home tail tucked between legs

Passion

raerae6 10-14-2007 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by nytepassion (Post 1526896)
Well sometimes they end up over at the dealers house playing yatzee all night .. and putting on high-heels, running around the pool saying ..chubba chubba repeatedly. How do I know this? Well because I used to be the person whose house a few select would come over and hang out playing yatzee or poker .. doin' dope all night long for day on in ... We used to make the loser do things like the above. (picture a man tryin to run around in high-heels around the pool at 2:30/3 in the morning) and I wonder why someone would drop a dime on us LMAO
Passion

:lmao

My ex would be driving dealers around so they would give him crack in exchange...all night long...

My meth addicted neighbor spent two whole days in a tree once tweeking....he was too paranoid or something to leave the tree....

There are just all kinds of possibilities....

dollydo 10-14-2007 12:36 PM

Mine would tromp thru the woods and play "Jungle Boy"....sounds like fun! After all, he was only 45! ...maybe I'll try it sometime!

Saron03 10-14-2007 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by dollydo (Post 1526927)
Mine would tromp thru the woods and play "Jungle Boy"....sounds like fun! After all, he was only 45! ...maybe I'll try it sometime!

I do that sober...

nytepassion 10-14-2007 12:54 PM

I knew a tweaker that spent endless hours and days out in his backyard looking for buried antique cars under rocks.. He thought where-ever there was a rock .. there was a car buried underneath it .. He had a few acres of back yard and a whole heck of alot of rocks. Busy man ... That was 13 yrs ago .. I often wonder if he's still looking

Passion

Momsrainbow 10-14-2007 01:47 PM

Yep, they disappear for days. Out with friends-fishing (my a$$) out getting high! Then home they come-tired-sleep for a couple days and then off again. Well, thank goodness I no longer have to put up with any of it. Tweeking-I had to get manuals out to try to put things back together. Friend is working on getting my commercial weedeater back together (for a long time now) it was new in the box.

Sigh 10-14-2007 02:00 PM

Apparently they go to my house.

nawwwwwww I'm just kidding, I'm sorry. :)
I'll go stand in the corner now

___
Seriously......our addicts are fairly adept at taking care of themsleves. How else could they manage their choice of lifestyle for as long as they do? I was always very good at 'conjuring" up situations and places my son might be in, somtimes I was right, most times I was wrong. In retrospect I wonder why i tortured myself so hard.

Also I read this article once about controlling our own emotional well being and for every negative situation we imagine we should imagine two wonderful situations or outcomes because anything is possible.

I went a little sideways on this subject, I'll double my time in the corner ok?

hugs
sigh

Lobo 10-14-2007 02:07 PM

My daughter did a lot of sofa surfing. Who knows where with who knows who.

Never any structure in her life. Sad, sad way to live.

Elana 10-14-2007 02:33 PM

Remember that song, "HEY! YOU! Get offa my Cloud!!!!"

Need I say more?

caileesnana 10-14-2007 04:17 PM

Just thinking about this makes me sick! Some of the places I've been to on the ambulance to get people, and to think my daughter is one of "them". Very humbling!

justjo 10-15-2007 05:03 AM

My son is a drug addict. For years he has come home, left for 2 days, 9days, 1 day. The pattern he had for years. He goes to his drug addicted friends places, stays, dopes up, cooks, watchs foxtel, sleeps, goes shopping, goes back and starts again. He could be stealing for money! Recovers then starts again.

The whole deal affects them mentally, physically and medically. I kicked my son out twice over the years and now the rule is this = No coming back. The last window he smashed in front of me - is the bloody last one I can guarantee it.

Dont get me wrong, love him to bits but I do not like him.

rahsue 10-15-2007 07:08 AM

my son doesn't hang with anyone who does drugs (he wants to be sober so I guess he thinks if he hangs with the friends that don't use then he won't use) anyway, when he is using he hangs around with noone. He goes in his car buys his drug, does his drug in his car and comes home. the answer to where do addicts go...mine is going nowhere!

kj21 10-15-2007 09:48 AM

My A drives around getting high in the car! Drives, parks, by himself. drives till he has no gas left!

liesagain 10-15-2007 04:32 PM

Mine TOLD me for the longest time that he bought drugs did them in his car drove around and parked places..................

later when in recovery He told me he was in crack houses and with others that were using his drug of choice............as for sitting in his car parked somewhere......well that was another lie. See on crack sitting still isnt happening and sitting out in public well appearently that doesnt happen either paranoid................

thing is they are out there doing what they do.............ways and means to find more drugs.........in dirty places and doing dirty things............and no they dont answer the phone of course not then they may actually have to THINK if even for a second about those thay are hurting

liesagain 10-15-2007 04:34 PM

sorry if that came off alittle angry however it makes me angry to think about those nights when he didnt answer the phone...........where he was what he was doing............

Thankful for today never want to be there again,

crrogers22 10-15-2007 05:17 PM

I am asking because my best friend, a cocaine addict who recently re-located to get clean (that doesn't work) has been missing for 5 days. He was going to Wal-Mart and has never been seen again.... He has disappeared before, but only for 2-3 days. I have called the morgue/medical examiner, and his body isn't there. He isn't in the jail system, either. He just vanished into thin air... Unfortunately, he makes really, really good money as a chemical engineer, so he has plenty of money to buy drugs. Has anyone else's friend or loved one ever vanished for a while???

SaraUT 10-15-2007 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by rahsue (Post 1527594)
my son doesn't hang with anyone who does drugs (he wants to be sober so I guess he thinks if he hangs with the friends that don't use then he won't use) anyway, when he is using he hangs around with noone. He goes in his car buys his drug, does his drug in his car and comes home. the answer to where do addicts go...mine is going nowhere!

I feel like that about my boyfriend sometimes! :-S. He did the same... except he waited til I was asleep and he'd sit in his car and do drugs, he'd do them at work, he'd do them in the bathroom right before we saw a movie, he'd do it right before family dinners, he'd fake sick and do drugs in our living room when he was supposed to be at work, he'd do them in our room when I was at work/school. I guess he went everywhere.

Nina Kay 10-15-2007 08:00 PM

Yes cr,
My son was missing for alot longer than usual, not long before he went to jail. I was getting scared as it was so unlike him. I called all of those places that you called. It turned out that he had moved in with someone that he knew I would be totally against him being with, way way out in the country where no one knew where he was. He was hiding from The Law too. He was fine, except his usual drug addiction. He was arrested is how I found out where he was.
Try not to worry too much. I always had to tell myself, "Just remember all of the times that he was gone before, when you were hysterically worried and he came home and acted like nothing ever happened and when you said something about how worried you were, he treated you like you were pathetic."

Impurrfect 10-16-2007 05:34 AM

CR -

I was addicte to crack and literally lived in various "traps" - where they sell drugs and usually have a room, or shed, or something for the people who smoke crack. If I had enough money, would rent a hotel room (dope boys who sold crack had rooms at same motel) and smoke dope until the money ran out.

Pretty much everyone I know who's addicted to cocaine (whether the powder kind or crack) does the same thing. I wouldn't worry too much....money doesn't last long with cocaine. The longest I saw a friend "disappear" was about 2 months, and she went through $60,000 (part of which was her $30,000 jeep she sold for $500 of crack). My feeling is, you'll hear from him as soon as the money runs out.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy