An Awesome Message

Old 10-13-2007, 02:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

An Awesome Message

A friend of mine sent this to me and I thought I would share it.

Comedian George Carlin wrote this shortly after his wife passed away.

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings, but shorter tempers; wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less; we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses, but smaller families; more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees, but less sense; more knowledge, but less judgment; more experts, yet more problems; more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life, not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space, but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes, but more divorce; fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit deleteā€¦

Remember, spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember to say "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment, for someday that person will not be there again.

Give time to love, give time to speak! And, give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That's beautiful, Loves, and so true. Printing and keeping this with my treasures.

Hugs
Old 10-13-2007, 05:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Thanks Love, forwarded it to my address book.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

wow Loves thanks for sharing that was so true, and powerful
Old 10-13-2007, 11:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Thanks. G. Carlin has a bunch of good stuff to say (well beyond the seven dirty words you can't say on TV!!!).
Old 10-13-2007, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I'm glad you all liked it. Yes......with the exception of those dirty words, I love his views on life and it's issues. He has that "sarcastic wit" I relate to so well LOL.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

loved it. thanks for posting for us.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That sums it all up! I can really relate to George Carlin because he is sarcastically correct and it is easier to take the critizism when it is humorous. Hope you are well and that life for you is GREAT!!!! You deserve it!

GP