Taking a leap of faith....

Old 10-11-2007, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Taking a leap of faith....

Hi all,
I haven't been on at all in the last several days. Things are well with me, after a few more random incidents of drama with exah. I really cannot talk to the man about anything without things going south very quickly. Makes me 'feel mean' to be so short with him when I have to talk to him about our son, but it is what it is.

Here is what I have been up to this week. After a few conversations last week with exah about our home-that ended horribly I might add-I came to the conclusion that the best thing I can do for all of us is just let the man have 'his' property. He has whined and complained and played the victim over this house that he 'worked all his life for' (which is a complete joke because the man hasn't put in an honest days work in 20 years-hence the loss of the family business) until I am just over it.

I raised my kids here, two of the three have lived here all their lives and the oldest was only three when we first moved in (he will be 25 in a few weeks). My son and DIL have always planned to build on the front acreage, so I had looked forward to being near them and my grandchildren, even more so recently since I actually HAVE a grandaughter. My attorney says I will have no trouble keeping the home if I want it. But I think it best to let it go.

I came to the decision last Thursday night. At first, I was feeling really sad about it, but it just felt like the right thing to do. Not out of anger or fear or bitterness, just to cut all ties and extinguish any control that he thinks he still has over me or the boys. And to start over. Completely.

So anyway, the next morning I got online to see what was up for sale around here and came across the most interesting listing. Eleven acres of land just a few miles over the hill with not one, but TWO houses on the property and a barn. I always wanted horses.....so I called. I figured I didn't have anything to lose by just looking!

I looked at it twice with my son and DIL. The house is not nearly as nice as this one, but I can fix it up. The kids can live in the smaller house, sell their condo, and save up to build their home on the property. (The wildest thing is, it turns out that my dad-who I lost in August of 2006-actually laid some of the brick!)

So-I got the mortgage preapproval today and the offer is being made tomorrow. Of course I realize that anything could happen and I am prepared for that, although I would be disappointed. I just have to believe that if it is meant to be, then God will take care of it. Just taking the step to really make an offer on it has been incredibly freeing for me!

Here are some pictures:

Main house

Barn

Land

This quote I ran across sums the whole thing up:

"If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it."-Albert Einstein

I'll let you know how it shakes out! Love yas!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Jen.........every time you post I'm more and more amazed by you. That is one of the most beautiful pieces of property I've ever seen and I totally see you living there!! I don't know if it's out of line to let you know how proud I am of you , but I'm so darned proud of you my friend!! You have made enormous leaps and bounds since your arrival. I'll be praying my fanny off that your offer is accepted and you can get this fresh new start you so truly deserve!! I can see the grand kids rolling down that hill! I know I'd be.
Hugs
kris
P.S. I'll be moving in the barn......under the trees......LOL it's too pretty to not want to be there!!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow ~ what a great opportunity! You deserve it. I'll be adding my prayers that it works out for you.
So proud of you for letting it go about the house! Sometimes you have to pick your battles. Pursuing what the lawyers say is our right isn't always the right thing to do to be healthy and happy. I've no doubt you'll be at peace with this choice.
Oh, I'm an old cowgirl from way back ~ I'll be happy to help you wrangle some new horses! LOL!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

Beautiful!,
Not just the home, but your journey there!

what an inspiration to me.

reminds all of us that sometimes we gotta let go if we want to see what God has around the corner!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jen, Your story just overflows with HP's presence in your life. How wonderful and you truly are amazing in your recovery. Loves is right - your growth since you've come here is so inspiring.
I know whatever happens, it will be for the best...but I sure do suspect that HP wants this to happen!! Thanks for sharing your light and your dreams. The pics are wonderful; what a great place! Hugs and prayers
Old 10-12-2007, 03:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Well, needless to say I haven't had a whole lot of sleep...LOL! If this works out, I may just give the codie ranch a name like 'Rockin' C' or something and make it official with one of those cool signs like they have out west!!

I was talking to my son about the small house last night; he is going to be doing some remodeling on it and he was wondering what we would do with it when they move into their new home in a few years. I told him not to fret about it.........

So here is a picture of your codie guest house:

Thanks so much for all of your kind thoughts. I truly believe that I would not be where I am this morning had I not been led to SR almost a year ago. The strength and beauty I have found here have been priceless to me and I love and treasure every one of you!!

Here is another very appropriate quote for me this morning:

"I can't believe that," said Alice.

"Can't you?" the queen said in a pitying tone, "try again; Draw a long breath and shut your eyes."

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said. "One can't believe impossible things."

"I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
Old 10-12-2007, 04:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Seriously duet can we come camp out!!!!!

Ive missed your insight lately
Old 10-12-2007, 04:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Duet, your post is inspiring and awesome, and it sounds to me like this is one of those times that when we let go, we will be led to something better.

I love that new place, and hope all goes well for you in the purchase. If not, I think it was at least a sign that you can and will be happy wherever you call "home".

Letting our "endings" happen leaves us open to wonderful new beginnings, and my prayers go out for you and your son that your new beginnings lead you to a land of peace, love and serenity.

Hugs
Old 10-12-2007, 04:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I want to move to Tennesee......

I woud in a breath but the commute would kill me!

Good luck and best wishes. If you need any horse advice, PM me. I have expertise there.. a LOT of expertise there. Years and years...
Old 10-12-2007, 05:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Why, just tell your son that the cabana boy will be staying in the guest house. Afterall, we always have one on our codie trips and with that beautiful deck and property, you'll be needing one in the "off season" as well!
Duet...I've always wondered if I would have the courage at my age to start new. I don't know, but your journey has been an inspiration!
((((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 10-12-2007, 05:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Beautiful! God works in mysterious ways!

Congrats,
susan
Old 10-12-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Duet))

Sometimes an ending seems so sad, until HP flings open all the doors and windows! It's not just a new beginning, it's one that will be fun. You will get to set that house up just for You. No old memories staring you in the face. Your own personal project! I love it.

Hey, when you start renovating the guest house, PM me. I want to let you in on a couple of secret places I have for new materials cheap.

Hugs
B
Old 10-12-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I really needed your inspriation today, see, even when you least expect it, wisdom shines through.

I know this is your new home, it is just so meant to be (especially since your dad helped build it)

Best wishes for your new future!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Duet, thanks for sharing your happiness!!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 12:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

Oh my goodness! I'm glad I popped in to see that you are doing so well! I believe you were led to make the decision you made because look what awaited you in the wings. That is just wonderful. It's like it was tailor made for you and your son's plans and your father had a hand in making it all possible because he had helped build what you may be starting over in very soon.
Good luck!