SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   im so tierd (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/134481-im-so-tierd.html)

hopeforever 10-10-2007 07:11 PM

im so tierd

ihavent been here a while....
todAY AFTER 3 WEEKS CLEN MYHUSBND WHOIS Acrack addict went back touse....
it was such hard work these 3 weeks....forhim,, and for me too.
somany times i he was so close tousing andsomething stopped him.. todaynothing stopped him..
i feel so so tierd of this,.. hoping forgood and than crushing again,....
i cried somuch today,, ithink i have nomore tears.. im just so devasted....
iwant it to work so bad... iwnt recovery for him.
its been 7 years tht wemarried... and allthis years something happens.. im just tierd,.......
iknowits my choice tomarry an addict..ilovemy addict like all of us here do..

ah,,,ok just venting...

greeteachday 10-10-2007 07:41 PM

(((((Hope)))))
I'm sorry - I know how devastating this can feel...it truly stinks. I know you know you can't do it for him, but that doesn't make it any less difficult when this happens.

So many recovering addicts I know tell me that each day clean makes a difference and is a step towards recovery. Maybe there is something he hasn't quite figured out...maybe he had a reservation, and so this relapse will be one that brings him closer to embracing recovery.

I found I needed face to face support even more when my duaghter would relapse. Picking up a few extra naranon meetings helped me through rough times...and so did SR. Hugs and prayers for both of you.

nytepassion 10-10-2007 07:51 PM

No words ... Just a ********{Big ol' hugs}}}}

Passion

bookmiser 10-10-2007 08:13 PM

((((((Hopeforever))))))

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...kinkadest1.gif

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

Sending you prayers, peace, and serenity tonight, sweetie.
Love,
Linda

cece 10-10-2007 08:42 PM

TIRED,
It is such a perfect word for that drained feeling. God, I so know it! When I was finally TIRED of feeling out of control, feeling pain,sadness, and disapointment because someone i loved was ruining their life, ( And I believed in doing so, was ruining mine). I got tired of being tired. Tired of forgetting about my life. So I began to go to Nar-Anon and Al-anon meetings to take my life back. I still love my AS and hope and pray for him, but I am learning I only have control over myself. And fixing myself is hard enough work as it is. So I am giving my son over to God. And I am less tired. I hope you find this also. Keep coming back. Read a lot. there are good people here.

Ann 10-11-2007 02:32 AM

When I was finally TIRED of feeling out of control, feeling pain,sadness, and disapointment because someone i loved was ruining their life, ( And I believed in doing so, was ruining mine). I got tired of being tired. Tired of forgetting about my life. So I began to go to Nar-Anon and Al-anon meetings to take my life back.
Cece says it well and that speaks for how many of us felt before we surrendered and let go of our addicts and recognized that we too had become very sick and needed help.

Hope, I know that kick in the stomach feeling, I had it for years, and meetings and learning to work my own program were the only things that helped me.

Hugs

hopeforever 10-11-2007 05:30 AM

thank u alll!
hm hes stillnothome the second day. its ausuall thing iknoehellcomelterinthe day ot in the evening and go to sleep....
im thinking,,whatifi change thelock???.. maybethan when he hasno wheretogo hellgo to rehab?,,,,,i feel scared about this decision,, what if somethinghappens tohim/??,,,,idont know thinking what todo... ill rea the naranon book toget some power.. thank u all

mooselips 10-11-2007 07:00 AM

(((Hopeforever))))
Please try meetings. They really, truly help so much.

Jwife22 10-11-2007 07:06 AM

(((Hope)))) Yes, do try the meetings.......

hopeforever 10-11-2007 07:30 AM

,,i will go tomeetings.. iwent tofew before..
iknow they help...but its hard toget there as ihavekids.

rahsue 10-11-2007 08:29 AM

hope, I'm so sorry you feel so down right now, I have been told that relapse is part of recovery. I hope that he finds his way back to recovery soon for his sake and yours.

lil516 10-11-2007 07:43 PM

I am so sorry for your pain...

it is a worry that we all share....relapse....the very word can make me tremble

please take care of yourself...one day at a time

(((my prayers)))